Financial Analyst, Sales
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
About the role
We are looking for a Financial Analyst, Sales Finance (FP&A) to report to our Finance Manager (FP&A), and support our growing FP&A organization in our San Francisco office. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of planning and metric insight responsibilities within an operating company, and who also wants exposure to Sales in a hyper growth technology company. This role would be a great fit for you if you thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing, and high energy environment, and are looking for opportunities to learn and grow.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Support our strategic and financial planning processes, quarterly financial forecasts, and annual plan
- Construct models monitoring key sales metrics, including Annual Productivity per RRE, ramp time, and magic number
- Provide visibility into key areas of Sales headcount and discretionary spend and ensure quarterly expense targets are met
- Deconstruct monthly and quarterly sales commissions, summarize key business performance indicators, and assess business risk and operating performance
- Introduce improvements that will drive increased precision and maintain data controls to ensure accuracy and consistency for reporting
- Analyze policies and procedures that will improve the efficiency of the Sales and Finance organizations
- Assist with additional ad-hoc analyses for Sales Management and broader FP&A team as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or a quantitative discipline
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, consulting, or operating roles preferably at a SaaS company
- Understanding of SaaS business models and operating metrics
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint (SQL and Anaplan are a plus)
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verb and communication skills
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MM1
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈