1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Category: Finance / Legal
We are a growth-stage edtech with a vision to curate the world's video content for education. We are building towards that vision today by aligning more than 2+ Million videos to digital curricula, making it relevant and specific to each learner. We have a team of 42 across 19 locations and we are growing. That's where you come in!
Finance at Boclips
You'll be our third hire in Finance. We have an experienced team of two, handling all funding, company growth initiatives as well as the day to day running of the company’s finances. We are looking for someone to support the team on all tasks associated with running a startup with global customers and a distributed team round the world. We’ll support your development and there will be no limit to the experience you can gain.
Here’s what you’ll do —
- Process the day to day accounting transactions for three entities (US, UK and Poland) using Xero including:
- Daily bank and credit reconciliations for multiple bank accounts
- Manage the finance inbox and ensure accounts payable invoices are recorded and paid on time
- Raise sales invoices requested by our sales team during the month and chase payments of these.
- Reviewing staff expenses, ensuring all back-up and approvals are provided and have VAT receipts
- Support month-end management accounts
- Prepare the weekly payments file for processing and approval.
- Support the monthly payroll processes for our UK, US and Polish entities (currently outsourced to payroll providers but we would like to bring this in-house to streamline the process).
- We pay our content partners royalties every month based on downloads and streaming - you’ll be working on these royalty calculations and preparing the statements and payments, using our payments software.
- Deal with ad-hoc finance requests to support the wider team including information requests and analysis of financial data.
- Prepare quarterly VAT submissions and month-end and update board pack monthly when accounts are finalised
What about you?
- You have a recognised accounting qualification (or part qualified)
- You're eager to learn and help shape processes in the finance function - you enjoy finding solutions and process improvements to support the finance team.
- You have a high level of experience with spreadsheets and are confident in ‘slicing and dicing’ large data sets for analysis and review, using formulae and pivot tables.
- You have a strong understanding and experience of all the day to day financial procedures. (Eg Bank reconciliations, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Month-End, VAT…)
- You are confident working with different technology and software solutions
- You’re easy-going, proactive and open-minded and you enjoy working with other teams to make their lives easier.
- Organised and process orientated, you come with a mindset that’s always looking to improve everyday tasks and eliminate the chores.
What we offer
- Good base salary
- 30 days leave + 8 bank holidays
- Private Healthcare with Vitality
- Professional development budget (£1500 per year)
- Flexible work schedule.
- Decent tech (macBook pro / screens as standard) + home office budget
- We have offices in London. This role can be a fully-remote role in the UK or a hybrid of office/remote.
At Boclips, we’re building a product for education, which means we are building a product for all learners. Our platform and its content is viewed by thousands of students around the world every week who have different needs, abilities and backgrounds. That’s why we are committed to hiring people regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability so our team can better empathise with our users.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈