2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK
Category: Finance / Legal
Who we are
TravelTime are a VC-backed B2B technology company and creators of the TravelTime API which allows users to search and analyse location data by travel time, instead of distance The breadth of use cases for TravelTime is enormous, but they can roughly be broken down into two categories:
- SEARCH – these clients use TravelTime to sort and rank results by travel time when a user searches on their website (think property sites, job sites, hotel booking sites, dating apps etc). We are fundamentally changing how location search works, and already having a massive impact on our clients’ conversions.
- ANALYTICS – these clients use TravelTime to beef up the capabilities of their internal analytics and business intelligence teams (think access to public services, office relocations, sales territories, and much more). Up to 80% of business intelligence data has a geographic element, and we help our clients make better decisions with this data.
We have 35 employees in the UK, Lithuania, Netherlands and Poland and we process over a billion requests per month for over 100 clients globally. We recently raised over £3 million in investment and now we’re looking to significantly expand our team.
Where we are travelling
Over the past 12 months TravelTime have built a number of integrations into other third-party technologies (ArcGIS, QGIS, and Alteryx) that allow our clients to use the power of TravelTime analytics right where they need it. We have also engaged with world leading technology partners, giving us a healthy sales forecast and user base for 2021.
Who you are
You are an AAT Qualified, smart, technically minded individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can pick things up quickly. You can hit the ground running and be comfortable managing the day to day responsibilities of a busy Finance Team, along with cyclical financial reporting and project work.
A solid understanding of P&L, Balance Sheets and double entry accounting is a must, along with exceptional communication skills and the ability to plan, execute and manage your own workload from start to finish.
In addition, you will have proven experience of:
- Working in a broad finance role.
- Posting journals and recording financial entries in a financial system, such as Xero.
- Bank reconciliation, balance sheet reconciliation, VAT returns.
- Accounts Receivable & Payable.
- Management Accounts.
- Variance Analysis.
- Year End and Audit Prep.
- Working with remote teams.
- Assisting with implementation of a finance dashboard and integration with CRM.
- Chart of accounts creation.
- Implementation of finance policies such as fixed assets.
- This role would suit someone who is recently AAT qualified with strong MS excel skills and a hunger to learn and develop.
- A natural inquisition with a desire to fully understand something.
- Commercial acumen with the ability to spot problems and put forward solutions.
- Confidence in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent working knowledge of financial practises and procedures.
- Ability to perform in a small, fast-growing business.
- Superb communication skills.
- Attention to detail, process, and reporting.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
It's a bonus if:
- You have some basic knowledge of IAS / IFRS.
- You are based close to our London office.
- Experience working in SME’s/Startups.
The TravelTime Culture - where work/life balance gets more than lip-service.
- Flexitime - At TravelTime we strive to be an organisation who empower employees to be judged by their output, not their hours. We set and measure objectives, both individual and team based, which we believe creates better output than working to rigid leave patterns.
- People First - At TravelTime we focus on the People Agenda and are proud that our colleagues and managers support our staff to be the best that they can be with structured CPD’s and training budgets with Friday afternoons dedicated to personal development projects.
Other TravelTime benefits:
- Share options.
- Gym membership/Self improvement budget.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Weekly wellbeing programme.
- Learning and development platform licences.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- An extra day off for your birthday, on us!
- Opportunity to work remotely with laptop and personal office equipment provided.
- We still have offices available, for staff who prefer to work away from home.
- Company-sponsored lunches, away days and celebrations with team gatherings in our Kaunas (Lithuania) office up to 3 times a year.
- Dynamic, fun, entrepreneurial work environment – we aren’t afraid of hard work, and we are passionate about what we do.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be part of our talented team, we would love to hear from you. Applications should include a CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
Direct applications only, no agencies please.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈