3 months ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
The Finance Manager at SugarShot is responsible for the overall financial health of the company. We are a well organized tech start-up focused in the security space. You will be joining our seasoned team in support of our company goals. SugarShot has an international client base, operates in multiple data centers, has extensive cloud presence, and manages thousands of end-point devices. You will work under the CEO and with other Finance Team members to fulfill your responsibilities.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in a solid, fast growing company where you'll get introduced to A LOT of cool technology and a very complex business model. Our relaxed, flexible, and remote work lifestyle encourages teamwork, dedication and personal growth.
This is a remote-work position with “in-office” options (depending on your location).
SugarShot has an exciting brand and unique culture. We go our own way and we'd like you to join us on our journey to revolutionize the Managed Services Industry. You can read more about the company (and “WTF is SugarShot?”) here: https://www.sugarshot.io/story...
If you're interested in –
- Making a big impact
- Relaxed and flexible hours
- Remote work and work from home
- Earned trust and responsibility
- Working and communicating with a highly trained team of professionals
- Growing with a company
- Playing with the latest technology
- Participating in fun company and department activities (even virtually)
- Being part of something different
Then you'll really enjoy your time with SugarShot!
However, if you're –
- Looking for a “9-5” job
- Looking for a corporate environment
- Looking to be micro-managed
- Looking to have your hand held
- Stuck on old technology
- Habitually tardy/absent
- One who doesn't deliver when you say you will
- Not good communicating or working in a team environment
- Someone who has owned your own company in the past
Then please DO NOT apply. You will NOT be happy here.
- Preparing financial reports including annual budget, monthly forecasts and 3 Year strategic plan for Leadership Team
- Work closely with CEO on financial strategy
- Work with Department Heads to hold accountable to budget and forecasts
- Review and monitor KPIs, data and reports in order to ensure proper business decisions can be made going forward
- Active member of the Leadership Team
- Analyze prospective clients' financial health and make recommendations thereof
- Participate in New Client Welcome Calls
- Participate in Project Review Board (PRB) meetings
- Assist CEO in preparation of quarterly Peer Group Financial Submissions
- Oversee tax preparation and accounting for multiple companies
- Manage business insurance renewal process
- Supervise the Revenue Operations Administrator and Bookeeper
- Manage potential investment and funding opportunities
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliations across all accounts including AR, AP and Payroll
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Finance Department
- Small amount of HR compliance oversight (as it pertains to in/out state payroll requirements)
- And other duties and responsibilities as assigned from time to time
*** Training and transition will take approximately 3 months to complete, thereafter the position will most likely settle into approximately 20 hour per week on average. Over the next few years, as the business grows, the time commitment will increase.
- Must be highly detail oriented and a proven commitment to high quality workmanship
- Must have excellent, thorough, and methodical problem solving skills
- You must be able to work with C-level personalities and maintain a professional and positive demeanor at all times
- Must have drive and a “-ness” about you that takes pride in your work
- Must be a self-starter
- Must have exemplary interpersonal and English communication skills (spoken and written)
- You must have a smartphone and a reliable high speed Internet connection from wherever you live
- You must be comfortable on camera (we regularly meet on video)
- You must maintain good personal hygiene, business-casual dress and be comfortable on video with co-workers, clients, vendors and partners
- MUST LOVE THE USA
- A wonderful sense of humor
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Highly proficient in accounting software (especially QuickBooks Online)
- Financial management experience
- Strong aptitude for math
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
To really stand out...
- Extensive working knowledge of QuickBooks Online
- Have previous experience with a Managed Service Provider
- Have prior experience working in the tech industry, especially Silicon Valley
- 8+ years of continual improvement in Finance
- Love Excel, Data Visualization, KPI creation and numbers
- Great pay
- Remote work
- Flexible schedule
- Fantastic working environment and great team
- Continuing Education
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Costco Membership
- Monthly Lunch & Learn program
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈