Finance Intern, Endeavor Catalyst
3 weeks ago
Job type: Internship
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Endeavor is a mission-driven, global organization leading the high-impact entrepreneurship movement. Endeavor was founded on the belief that job creation, innovation, and overall prosperity flourish where there is robust support for high-impact entrepreneurs. Launched in 1997, Endeavor has established a presence in nearly 40 markets across Latin America, Asia, Africa, Middle East, and underserved areas of Europe and the United States. Today, Endeavor supports nearly 2,000 high-impact entrepreneurs leading 1,200+ companies at the “scale-up” stage, offering them a best-in-class seal of approval, an unrivaled personal and professional network, frictionless co-investment capital, and peer-to-peer idea exchange in a truly global setting. These entrepreneurs include MercadoLibre, a NASDAQ-listed e-commerce technology company valued at over $13B, and six unicorns such as Rappi or Careem. In turn, from this support, these high-impact entrepreneurs have created over 3 million jobs and generated over US$20B in revenue in 2019.
Learn the ins and outs of managing a Venture Capital fund with 130+ portfolio companies and $200M+ in AUM. Work remotely with Endeavor Catalyst’s Finance Associate to support the finance and investment aspects of a fund, as well as analyzing the global trends and players in Venture Capital.
- Learn how to and support the facilitation of a Venture Capital investment, exit and distribution
- Learn finance aspects of the fund facilitated through supporting on various financial reporting schedules and models
- Learn accounting aspects of the fund facilitated through supporting quarterly reports, K-1 preparation, Audit, and tax returns.
- Collaborate on developing and maintaining a database “master data tracker” for all the investments tracking various data points including valuations and changes thereto
- Learn how to and support preparing reports for the fund’s stakeholders and board members
- Help identifying and analyzing trends in the Venture Capital sector as well as the leading players in each region through research projects
- Learn how to leverage cloud-based software in order to ensure updates on the investment process are available throughout the organization
- Collaborate with admin functions of a Venture Capital fund such as help keeping the portfolio company’s records up to date, manage expenses and invoice payments, support with KYC requests
Nature of the work:
- Interns tackle non-complex projects that have core guidance of a supervisor; Projects usually encompass the collaboration or support in the creation of platforms/frameworks/studies and not routine work. It's crucial that students get a chance to learn while working.
- Interns learn to follow workflows and prioritize their tasks based on urgency and importance.
- Interns are responsible for specific tasks provided by direct supervisors and check in with more experienced colleagues or their manager when they are unsure or unable to make a decision or solve a problem.
- The problems that interns solve are directly related to the project that they have been assigned.
- Interns support their teammates by completing assigned tasks on time, helping others, and communicating about their workload with their manager.
- Interns work with immediate teammates, their manager, and on occasion, select cross-functional partners outside of their work team.
- Graduate or Senior Undergraduate Student in Finance or Accounting
- Accounting experience preferred
- Availability for 6 months
- Knowledgeable / proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Access to a computer; this is a remote internship
- To Embody Endeavor's Values: learn our organization's Values and embody them in how you do the job each day.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈