1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Community Solutions (CS) is seeking a very detail-oriented and self-motivated individual to support our small but mighty General Operations (GenOps) team as a Finance Coordinator. The GenOps team strives to create an optimal environment at CS for our staff to grow, thrive, and work seamlessly towards ending homelessness and the conditions that create it.
The role's primary responsibilities are focused on accounts payable processing, credit card reconciliation and special projects, as they arise.
About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions is a non-profit organization that works to achieve a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind. We envision a more equitable future where homelessness is never inevitable or a way of life, for anyone. Since 2015, we have led Built for Zero, a movement of more than 70 cities and counties using data to radically change how they work and the impact they can achieve — and proving that it is possible to make homelessness rare and brief. Nearly half of those communities have reduced homelessness in their communities, and 13 of those communities have ended veteran or chronic homelessness. In order to help communities equitably and sustainably end homelessness, we are also working to identify solutions that can address gaps in housing, disrupt inflow into homelessness, and produce more racially equitable systems.
Community Solutions seeks leaders at every level: extraordinary, mission-oriented people not satisfied with the status quo. We are a team of values driven innovators motivated by results. We eagerly seek and support diverse applicants. We provide generous benefits and opportunities for inspiring and transformational professional growth. We pride ourselves in developing an inclusive workplace culture that encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work every day.
Defining Success for this Position:
- Financial support is provided throughout the organization, supporting members of their financial needs including but not limited to processing bills, training users, general finance questions.
- Invoices are processed accurately and timely.
- Ownership of the AmEx/Expensify reporting process
- Assist Finance Manager to ensure finance policies are adhered to and continuously improved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review invoices or other supporting documentation (e.g. W9s) for proper coding, accuracy and approval.
- Maintain vendor information, verify bank details.
- Train staff on bill.com for personal reimbursements
- Assist Finance Manager with collections, and gathering updates
- Process all incoming revenue, including checks, and wires.
- Donations/Grants management, including processing, updating deliverables, and supporting the Strategic Partnership team.
- Process and reconcile Executive Team members credit cards.
- Tracking Credit Card report submissions, accuracy and deadline compliance.
- Train users in technology and protocols
- Be a communication bridge between staff/vendors and other stakeholders.
- Ad-hoc analysis
- Take initiative to solve problems, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ready to step-in when the Finance Manager is away.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in providing financial support for a business (for profit or non-profit), strong understanding of accounting principles.
- Working towards a certified accounting qualification preferred.
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail
- Proficient with numbers, using spreadsheets for financial purposes, financial modelling.
- Committed to CS's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion value
- Able to quickly learn and become proficient in new software and online applications
- Good communication skills, both interpersonal and written
- Passion for supporting efforts to end complex social problems
- Demonstrated understanding of structural racism and its impact on communities of color
- Non-traditional candidates are welcome. Community Solutions strives for representation and authentic inclusion of applicants and employees who have direct, first-hand experience with poverty, homelessness, and their root causes (including marginalization, discrimination, and inequity).
- Google Suite Business Apps
- Microsoft Office Apps, especially Excel
- Zoom video conferencing software
- Expensify expense reimbursement software
- Asana project management
- Knack database software
CS offers competitive salaries and benefits packages for every position. The salary range for this position starts at $48,000 and will be based upon experience.
This full-time position is fully remote, preferably based on the West Coast.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈