Federal Grant Accountant
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Big Brothers Big Sisters of America is searching for a Federal Grant Accountant to join our growing team. This is a Full Time, remote position. Candidates can be located anywhere in the United States. Our office is located in Tampa, FL.
The Federal Grant Accountant is responsible for processing monthly expense reimbursement submission from sub recipients of federal grants, in accordance with applicable federal grant agency guidelines, A-133, and Uniform Guidance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with assigned group of federal grant subrecipients to process monthly expense reimbursements.
- Ensure all expenditures have appropriate supporting documentation and that expenditures are reasonable, allowable, and within the scope of the grant.
- Align all expenditures with approved budgets.
- Conduct financial monitoring of subrecipients in accordance with their MOA's and grant agreement.
- Ensure all internal controls, federal requirements, and subrecipient policies are maintained.
- Monitor percentage of funds spend to percentage of program deliverables.
- Maintain communication with assigned group of federal grant subrecipients to resolve all questions costs.
Education: Bachelor's degree required, accounting or related field preferred.
Related Work Experience: 3-5 years' in accounting fundamentals with degree in accounting or related field, federal grant accounting experience preferred. Additional experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in accounting acceptable.
Equal Employment Opportunity: BBBSA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, sex, familial or marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act: Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSA may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Due to high volume of interested applicants, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America will not accept staffing agency or head hunter inquiries. No phone calls, or e-mails, please.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈