Director of Property Accounting
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Simplifyy is an all-encompassing multifamily property management alternative, combining experienced team members with our own proprietary software. We're disrupting the multifamily industry with an innovative solution. Providing a better resident experience and dramatically increased bottom line profits for multifamily owners.
We are looking for a highly-skilled and experienced Director of Property Accounting to join our team. Your duties will include maintaining the company's financial status by creating and implementing analytics, verification, and reporting practices. This individual will supervise, track, and evaluate property accounting daily activities. You will also be expected to collaborate within the company's financial department. You will ensure the accurate reporting of tenant payments received and due, and account analysis and reconciliation for tenant statements. In this role you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that client assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, SEC requirements and US GAAP.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain optimized accounting policies and procedures
- Collect and analyze accounting data and prepare financial reports based on the analysis results
- Review existing systems and procedures and develop optimization suggestions
- Manage property accounting personnel and ensure you meet financial accounting objectives
- Organize and review annual audits
- Create and maintain fiscal documentation
- responsible for all accounting functions related to commercial & residential real estate properties and corporate entities.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating the year-end close process with internal and external auditors
- Prepare client financial statements
- Plan, budget and authorize expenditures
- Ensure that credit risk is balanced with business objectives, targets are met and that only valid claims with proper management authorization are paid
- Reviews and approves work such as tenant credit memos, non-recurring tenant billings and questionable cash receipts for entry by Accounting Clerks
- Prepares security deposit refund invoices and delivers to Accounts Payable
- Prepares tenant account analysis and reconciliations when tenants dispute charges to their accounts.
- Reviews accounts payable voucher submissions for legal and repair and maintenance expenses.
- Reviews accounts receivable agings for delinquencies, cash applications and prepaid rent applications
- Calculates and enters monthly contract item accruals such as janitorial, security and utility expenses to match expenses to period incurred, and review trial balance for reversing of same entries in the next accounting period
- Calculates and enters rehab capitalization entry
- Prepares balance sheet tie-out to balance the general ledger and commercial management systems
- Prepares Preview Statements and distributes to field to ensure following month's recurring charges and past due charges are accurate.
- Calculates and records appropriate depreciation and amortization of fixed assets, tenant improvements, and leasing commissions
- Master's degree in finance/accounting
- Public Accounting experience
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8 - 10 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience
- Experience managing teams of 3 or more people
- Property Accounting Experience
- Management Reporting (P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting, required
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory
- Real estate experience preferred
- Knowledge of Sage Intaact highly desirable
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Has a love for technology and ways to use it to improve business processes
- Thrives in a relaxed but challenging environment
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health Insurance
- Employer paid life & ADD insurance
- 401(k) contribution match
- Progressive Leave & PTO policies
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈