Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Big Viking Games
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: Finance / Legal
A Little Bit About Us:
Making fans; That's what we're all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to the success it is today. With almost 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both London, ON and Toronto, ON, we are masters in the free-to-play mobile and social gaming markets. In this short time, Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down. We believe by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that's where you come in!
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for someone to join our team as our new Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). This person will be leading our financial and operating reporting efforts across the company. Our ideal candidate is an analytical thinker with strong communication skills to convey conclusions and recommendations. Does this sound like you? Check out the details below and submit your application!
What You Will Do:
- Support annual planning and rolling forecasting activities in collaboration with Director of Finance, the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and key members of the product team
- You will be the point person to analyze financial and operational data, provide meaningful insights on trends in the business, inform and enhance decision making across the organization
- If important data is not available, you will work creatively to figure out how we can generate it
- You will own the business planning and forecasting processes for the company
- Prepare and analyze company-wide OKR's, KPI's, metrics and other business divers for the weekly and monthly financial reporting package and dashboards
- Create and update quarterly reporting materials for all key stakeholders, including Board of Directors, banks, SLT to support the business
- Complete product ad-hoc analysis in a meaningful, concise and data driven manner for SLT
- Provide financial modeling support and business case analysis on strategic projects
- Collect operational data and maintain data integrity and accuracy
The Must Haves:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance, Business, Engineering or a related discipline
- Previous experience in positions requiring detailed analysis and reporting of financial results
- Proven expertise in finance management, evaluation, and meaningful business reporting and operating results.
- Demonstrated analytical, financial acumen in delivering forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as data interpretation of business impact and results.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (including VBA) and experience of working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, MS Access, Essbase and/or Cognos), alongside other financial systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards).
- Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis ability, combined with confident communication skills for conveying conclusions.
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented and bring a strong sense of business acumen. Have a track record of managing new ideas and creative solutions.
- Can manage and prioritize workload in a fast-paced, high-growth, occasionally ambiguous environment.
The Nice To Haves:
- Working knowledge of Sage
- Understanding of the economics of the free-to-play or retail market
- Track record of managing new ideas and creative solutions
- Competitive salaries, Employee Stock Option plan, & GRSP matching program.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including generous time off policies
- A $200 a month Honeybee allowance account to be used on a large number of health and wellness expenses
Become a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! We want to hear from you! Submit your application today!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈