Director of Accounting
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
The Director of Accounting will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of SwagUp's accounting functions while supporting the executive finance team. We are searching for an experienced accounting manager who has worked in a high-growth early stage startup environment, thrives under pressure and a fast moving organization, and enjoys creating and implementing new processes. You must be someone comfortable in a fully remote position, familiar with an array of technology tools and adaptable to new technology implementation and be excited to be part of our SwagUp community where we work hard and play hard!
- Report directly to Executive Leadership
- Participate in the deployment and implementation of SwagUp's strategic plans
- Monitor the financial performance of SwagUp
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages
- Develop and manage internal financial control policies and procedures
- Communicate financial metrics to executive leadership
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Coordinating the preparation of budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Issue timely and complete financial statements (by the 10th of each month)
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics (Gross Margin)
- Sales Audits (weekly)
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual review
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Can work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Proficiency with a range of accounting software (Quicken, QBO, Netsuite, etc.)
- Questions the status quo
- Strategic thinker willing to also be tactical
- Creative problem solver who sees every challenge as an opportunity to accelerate progress
- Experience with a transactional business model
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon
SwagUp is an API first company where top brands can create, automate, and distribute swag. We take all the heavy lifting from design work, assembly, storage, and shipping worldwide. Our platform allows clients to work collaboratively with all their co-workers on any swag project without the headaches!
If you like challenging the status quo, and working in small, unstructured environments, you'll fit right in.
We've accomplished so much in under 4 years, but we've just begun to crack the surface. We look forward to meeting you.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈