Director of Accounting
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
OpenTeams Director of Accounting
OpenTeams is looking for an accountant who wants to lead the day-to-day accounting functions for a growing start-up. This position requires someone who is ambitious, enjoys finding and implementing creative accounting solutions, and has solid communication skills. We are an experienced group with BIG dreams so there is a lot of opportunity to grow. The role requires that you have 5+ years of experience in an accounting role where you were successful in delivering. We are headquartered in Austin, TX but we are a distributed team so the position can be remote!
Who we are
OpenTeams is the services marketplace where open source software users can find, vet, and contract with service providers. We believe in a culture of do-ers, learners, and collaborators. We are looking for people who are motivated, humble, curious, and respectful of others. OpenTeams is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. There is a statistic that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to positions unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to break that statistic and to apply! We look forward to your application.
What you'll do
- Lead the day-to-day accounting functions, reporting to our part-time Controller.
- Assist and oversee our accounting clerk who will support you and the team
- Process accounts payable including vendor payments, expenses, and other disbursements
- Assist with accounts receivable customer billing and collections
- Coordinating review and approval of customer invoices
- Monthly reconciliations and closing the books
- Produce financial reports
- International and domestic payroll
- Budgets and cash forecasts
- Work directly as needed with customers and vendors
- Assisting with reports needed for tax filings.
Required skills & experience
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years in an accountant position
- A self-starter with the ability to function autonomously
- Flexible, our BIG dreams require this person be open to new ideas and come up with solutions to enable our big dreams on the accounting side
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Able to work on multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency, while keeping to deadlines
- Organized, detail-oriented, team player with a strong work ethic
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Excellent communication skills with strong written and verbal skills
- Desire to work for a startup in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Desire to work smarter through tool automation
- Experience with Python a plus.
- Experience in project accounting a plus
Why you should join
You'll become an important part of a collaborative, remote-first team. We strive to provide a working environment that gives you room to learn and grow. We offer flexibility in work times and locations. Vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated and modeled.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender non-conforming, first and second-generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
We offer competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible paid time off.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈