Director Financial Planning & Analysis
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Penrose Hill is building the next generation of premium wine brands. Collaborating with famed winemakers and sourcing from distinguished vineyards around the globe, we make award winning wines of pedigree. As the world’s first data-first winery, we’re part of the wine business from grape to glass: not just making the wines but getting it directly into the hands of customers. Our largest and most profitable distribution channel is our wine club business, Firstleaf, which uses machine learning technology to match the perfect wine selections to each customer based on their preferences and ratings.
Our wine club, Firstleaf grew from 0 to 100,000+ active members in less than 5 years. That’s just the beginning of our plans to change the wine industry, and we’re looking for passionate individuals to join our team.
With the CEO and VP Finance, the Financial Planning & Analysis role proactively leads the financial management strategic planning and regular management reporting for Penrose Hill’s business.
Closely monitoring Firstleaf’s performance and Penrose Hill costs to maximize the short-term and long-term EBITDA through timely and precise financial analysis. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Penrose Hill’s business and support the achievement of budget/forecast and other strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or similar field of study
- Advanced Excel skills including macros, pivot tables and data modelling
- Experience using and Enterprise Resource Planning Software preferably with NetSuite
- Preferred: Part of fully qualified Accountant (CPA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Minimum 7-8 years of relevant financial planning experience working in a multi-national environment with at least 2 years in a similar role
- Highly numerate with a sound understanding or what lays behind numbers and drive revenues and profitability
- Strong business acumen
- Fluency in written and spoken English combined with excellent communication skills
- Experience in foreign currency transaction
Working with the world's best wine company isn't enough?
Seriously though, we offer remote work and a location agnostic philosophy added to a very flexible work schedule. Unlimited vacation time. Further, we offer a competitive compensation package with bonus and stock options grants, plus choices with medical, dental and vision.coverages, flexible spending accounts. life insurance, 401(k) matching, employee assistance program, discounted pet insurance; and to top it off: a monthly wine credit with Firstleaf.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈