Director, Finance and Accounting
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
At Phosphorus, our mission is to extend and improve lives by making genomics a foundational part of everyone's health and wellness journey. We have built a genetic testing platform consisting of a suite of genetic tests, leading edge technology, and a sophisticated software engine to partner with and empower the physicians and patients we serve.
Our scientific knowledge and laboratory expertise has uniquely positioned us to respond to the global pandemic by developing one of only a handful of saliva based COVID-19 RT-qPCR tests to receive an Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA for at home collection.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Finance will be responsible for leading and building out the finance function for this high growth healthcare technology business. This individual will have a strong background in all aspects of corporate financial management for early stage venture backed organizations, with particular strengths in accounting/controllership and financial planning and analysis. The Director of Finance will be charged with improving foundational financial processes that are in place and creating infrastructure across the organization.
This individual will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including executing the month end close process, ensuring that our accounting practices are documented and reflect our business operations. Effective cash management, through payables and receivables, is a critical and required skill for our stage of company. In addition, the Director of Finance will partner with our leadership team to create and maintain financial budgets and projections and use these as a tool to quickly identify and address business risks. The Director of Finance will support fundraising efforts and all associated activities with creating a financial package that creates a compelling investment thesis. This individual should have prior experience in early stage company growth and fundraising. Bonus points for experience with creating executive and Board level dashboards and reports with an ability to measure progress. This individual will be joining a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment and must possess and inspire a can-do mentality.
- Lead all finance related activities, including accounting, budgeting, FP&A, capital raising, and management of the capitalization table
- Build out internal finance function, including policies, procedures, and infrastructure and develop internal and external reporting capabilities
- Drive monthly financial reporting and work with external auditors to complete annual financial audit reviews
- Champion a dynamic growth culture by driving revenue, profitability and initiatives aligned with the company's goals and objectives, creating an ownership and can-do mentality
- Lead internal efforts to align business operations and cash management, including contracting, collections, and payables
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial appetite for entering a growth stage business and driving scale
- Work cross functionally with Commercial Sales, People team and other departments in all finance related items
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field; CPA Preferred
- 6-8 years of experience in healthcare technology finance roles with a track record of success in driving growth of an early-stage company
- Understands the unique opportunities and challenges that come with working within a rapidly scaling organization
- Exceptional communication skills that are transparent with a lens towards creating an environment where issues are identified and resolved quickly
- Collaborative and able to work across an organization to accomplish goals
- Passion for healthcare and the potential impact that genetics can have in the future
- High degree of ownership and ability to work without a playbook
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Unwavering commitment to integrity and confidentiality
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- 401K Company Match
- Healthcare, FSA, and Dependent Care FSA
- Flexible PTO
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈