Conventional Mortgage Underwriter
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Qualified candidates will have at least 5-10 years of recent underwriting experience for residential FHA/Conventional loans, FNMA and FHLMC
Knowledge of credit underwriting and property evaluation
- Perform timely reviews of stipulations/conditions submitted
- Analyze loan packages to deliver valid credit decisions
- Maintain quality control standards while maintaining production standards by company's definition
- Provide stellar customer service to all staff by effectively explaining credit decisions
- Perform other job related duties and special projects as required
- Able to prepare reports for review
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years experience in underwriting FHA and Conventional loans along with FNMA, FHLMC
- Thorough understanding and strong working knowledge of credit, underwriting, credit policy and financial statement analysis
- Knowledge of DU and LP
- Strong credit, risk analysis, and analytical skills
- Be able to examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Service oriented with great personality
- Ability to work with loan originators and production staff to acquire all required documentation
- Be familiar with fraud detection techniques
- Correspondent banking experience a plus
- Must posses strong credit, risk analysis and analytical skills
Competitive base salary plus aggressive sign on bonus. This position is remote in California. Candidates must reside in the West Coast.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈