Conventional Mortgage Underwriter
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
At Maxwell, our mission is to build enterprise software and services that empower people to make mortgage lending simpler and more accessible. Founded in 2015, our platform has grown to facilitate billions of dollars of mortgage volume for a growing network of lenders, service providers, real estate agents, and technology partners. We help lending teams work more efficiently and close loans 45% faster than the national average. We strive to make the lenders, and their employees, the real heroes who enable homeowners to achieve the American Dream.
Maxwell is based in beautiful Denver, Colorado and is backed by leading venture capital firms, including Techstars. Our world-class team of software experts and mortgage professionals work together and do whatever it takes to make each other successful. We're privileged that our company has been recognized by HousingWire, Progress in Lending, MReport, and others as a leading innovator in our industry. At the end of the day, we are a company doing honest work that really matters in the real world -- one lender, one borrower, one homeowner at a time. And it works.
As Maxwell has grown, the hundreds of lenders on our platform are asking more of us. And we realize we have become more to them than just a point of sale. Therefore, we launched the Maxwell Fulfillment Platform. Powered by our technology, we offer a dedicated network of service professionals making it easier for lenders to deliver a flexible, efficient, and high-quality fulfillment experience. We are rapidly expanding this Maxwell Fulfillment Platform and looking for talented and experienced underwriters to fill our remote teams.
The ideal candidate will possess a solid track record underwriting conventional loan files. Candidates must possess a detailed approach to underwriting and have excellent communication skills to provide internal customers with a positive experience, even on the most complex loans. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Thorough review of loan files to determine deficiencies and/or issues
- Concise and accurate conditioning of loan files
- Meet turn time objectives
- Analyze complex tax returns
- Communicate with processor and LO in a positive manner in order to assist in moving files to closing as quickly as possible
- Concise and accurate input of data
- Run AUS and vendor software and analyze the results
- Complete a thoughtful and thorough review of appraisals
- Clear conditions as submitted while meeting turn time objectives
- Maintain acceptable quality control metrics
We are looking for team players who have the experience and initiative to deliver for our customers and their borrowers. You are curious, and eager to grow and do your best. You enjoy showing kindness in your interactions with others. Additionally, to be successful in this role, it is important that you have:
- 5+ years current experience in Conventional underwriting. Must have underwritten conventional loans within the last year
- A full understanding of recent FNMA/FHLMC underwriting guidelines is required
- Must be conversant with QM and ATR regulations
- Excellent analytical & communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced multi-tasked environment
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to the mortgage banking industry (i.e.: TILA, ECOA, RESPA, etc.)
- Strong appraisal review skills
- Great organizational and customer service skills required
- Expert knowledge of AUS systems (DU, LP)
- Ability to underwrite/review complex purchase and refinance transactions
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Encompass and/or Empower experience desired
An opportunity to be part of an agile team of thinkers and doers who are driven, collaborative, and authentic. You play a key role in shaping our incredible company and culture. Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity as an employee at a growing, venture-backed software company. We want you to participate and make decisions as an owner with our future in mind
- Top-tier insurance plans to select from along with a FSA and HSA where you can set aside pre-tax money for out-of-pocket medical expenses
- 15 days of vacation time plus sick days, all 10 major holidays, and 1 floating holiday for your birthday, religious holiday, or other special day of your choice
- Up to 2 paid days off each year to volunteer at the charity of your choice
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈