1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
The Corporate Controller will partner closely with the CFO and play a key role in setting the financial
operations and reporting standards for a VC-backed start up. As the right hand to the CFO, you will have
primary responsibility for leading the company's accounting and financial reporting functions including
general ledger, cash disbursements, vendor payables, customer invoicing, payment application, payroll,
fixed assets, and taxes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and develop the accounting team through effective recruiting, coaching, training and feedback.
- Oversee all accounting functions including A/R, A/P, G/L, Payroll, and taxes.
- Lead the accounting processes including financial statement preparation, month end close, journal
- entry preparation, and transaction processing.
- Develop, document, monitor, and enforce policies, procedures and internal controls to support
- timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Manage and streamline month-end accounting process, ensuring conformance with USA GAAP.
- Research professional GAAP literature and draft appropriate memoranda to support the company's
- application of GAAP for specific issues.
- Ensure the successful completion of the end-year audit and support Remedy's relationships with
- external auditors and consultants.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets, variance reporting, and forecasts.
- Partner with Remedy's executive team to ensure business needs are being met by assisting in the
- preparation of financial reports.
Successful candidates will have a track record of success in working with respected large firms, and have
- A bachelor's degree in accounting from a respected educational institution.
- A master's degree in accounting (preferred).
- Big 4 CPA with meaningful audit experience.
- 8+ years of experience in corporate accounting.
- 4+ years of staff supervision.
- Healthcare industry experience with an understanding of patient-billing (preferred).
- Experience building and maintaining a strong team.
- Large ERP experience required.
- 3+ years in a Controller role or related position.
- Strong process implementation and internal control skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive work style.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- A sense of urgency, hands-on approach, bias for action and idea leadership.
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Unquestioned personal integrity and work ethic.
- Thrives in a dynamic start-up environment with change and ambiguity
Located in Austin, Texas. Will consider remote candidates
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈