A La CARTE Solutions
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Are you a tech-loving accounting professional passionate about supporting small businesses?
Are you an independent, analytical and fast-paced leader?
Do you respect the need for keeping processes, tasks and people on track?
We've been looking for you!!!
A la carte solutions is a growing, fast-paced outsourced accounting services company in Playa Vista, CA with a “Work Wherever” philosophy! This position is 100% remote so you can work from your home office!
Our employees are hand-picked accounting professionals with strong credentials and a CAN-DO attitude towards life and toward eachother. We only hire energetic, positive team players that enjoy being challenged and are looking to grow and develop their careers.
We offer fair compensation with full benefits (including unlimited vacation, work wherever, no busy season, a safe harbor 401k plan! and the opportunity to get training and education in new industries, new software and new technology! If you enjoy having variety in your day, learning new things and teamwork, we’re the place for you!
Our clients are small, privately-held entrepreneurial businesses located across the US. We work with companies across various industries including property management, real-estate, data management, professional services, non-profits, transportation & logistics, and distribution.
We are a fun-loving bunch and live by these Core Values:
- Bring Your Best - our team brings their very best to everything they choose to be and do in their lives
- Speak The Truth - we value radical candor and embrace honest and respectful feedback with eachother
- Innovate Indefinitely - continuous improvement drives us to be better today than we were yesterday with an unquenchable desire to learn and grow
- Keep The Rhythm & Flow - there's more to life than work. Take care of all that really matters.
Our accounting teams work together to become the outsourced accounting departments for several clients at a time. As the Controller for our accounting team, you will:
- Supervise accounting staff performing various accounting tasks for our clients. Those tasks include: bank and account reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, and month-end close.
- Assist our clients with cash flow management, cash flow forecasting and ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Provide overall financial accounting support and mentorship to the staff accountants
The successful candidate:
- Understands that relationships are built on trust, and trust is created by consistently doing what you promise you will do.
- Takes ownership of customers issues and follows problems through to resolution
- Improves customer service experience, creates engaged customers and employees, and facilitates organic growth
- Ensures adherence to service procedures, policies and standards
- Mentors and develops employees and nurtures an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Has strong client-facing and communication skills
- Has advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Has a Customer Service orientation
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Experience in small privately-held, entrepreneurial companies as Controller or Assistant Controller
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience
- Experience in non-profit accounting a plus
- CPA Required
- Intricate and Solid knowledge of cloud-based accounting systems (Quickbook, Xero, NetSuite, etc)
- Excellence in client service and professionalism
- The ability to instill a sense of trust, confidence and partnership
- A can-do attitude coupled with a knack for problem-solving
- A natural curiosity and a passion for continuous learning and improvement
- An uncompromising sense of integrity and ethics
- A high quality of character and are honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Tools You'll Need: Internet Access, Printer, Phone, Quiet and Distraction-Free Environment conducive to phone calls and video meetings
- "Work Wherever" philosophy - independence, freedom and flexibility by working from your home office!!
- Full benefits including health and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation!
- Safe-Harbor 401k Plan
- No busy season!!
- Fun, friendly, and collaborative culture that thrives on individual and team accountability
**NOTE: This is a W2, full-time, 40 hour/week position. We are extremely dedicated to employee engagement and hiring for the long-term. To that end, our recruiting process includes 2 short assessments. In addition, you will also be asked to confirm your accounting skills during a LIVE accounting test via Zoom Screen Share. Passing this test is an absolute requirement for this position. Please do not apply unless you feel confident you can pass this test.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈