Contract and Compliance Coordinator
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Community Solutions (CS) is seeking a very detail-oriented and self-motivated contractor to support our small but mighty General Operations (GenOps) team as a Contracts and Compliance Coordinator. The GenOps team strives to create an optimal environment at CS for our staff to grow, thrive, and work seamlessly towards ending homelessness and the conditions that create it.
The contractor's primary responsibilities are focused around supporting the Contracts and Compliance Manager, preparing and tracking contracts and procurements, tasks required to maintain CS' compliance in all areas and special projects, as they arise.
About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions is a non-profit organization working toward a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind. We envision a more equitable future where homelessness is never inevitable or a way of life, for anyone. Since 2015, we have led Built for Zero, a movement of more than 80 cities and counties using data to radically change how they work and the impact they can achieve — and proving that it is possible to make homelessness rare and brief. Nearly half of those communities have reduced homelessness in their communities, and 14 of those communities have ended veteran or chronic homelessness. To help communities equitably and sustainably end homelessness, we are also identifying solutions to address gaps in housing, disrupt inflow into homelessness, and produce more racially equitable housing systems.
Community Solutions seeks leaders at every level: extraordinary, mission-oriented people not satisfied with the status quo. We are a team of values driven innovators motivated by results. We eagerly seek and support diverse applicants. We provide generous benefits and opportunities for inspiring and transformational professional growth. We pride ourselves in developing an inclusive workplace culture that encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work every day.
Success for this position
- Contracting support is provided throughout the organization, supporting members of their financial needs such as processing bills, training users, and so forth.
- Invoices are processed accurately and timely.
- Provide financial and administrative documentation as requested by CS staff for government grants and contracts, real-estate work, and state charity registration
- Administer, track, and assess insurance policies and payments
- Assist Contracts and Compliance Manager with maintaining compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist Contracts and Compliance Manager with maintaining compliance with internal procurement policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for contracting and invoicing for all CS services, including tracking approved contracts with clients, tracking and approving team member hours, and generating invoices to clients.
- Provide support for pass-through grants to communities and monitor the communities' performance related to meeting deliverables outlined in the grant agreement.
- Assist in the planning and logistics for team offsite meetings, researching and finding locations and services that meet team needs.
- Update internal trackers to monitor the status of contracts and payments from clients.
- Support onboarding process for incoming staff and contractors, carrying out an orientation for the staff/contractors on CS processes, procedures, and internal operations as directed by the Contracts and Compliance Manager
- Process and track team members' requests for reimbursements for personal expenses.
- Support logistics for conferences and other events upon request.
- Be a communication bridge between staff/vendors and other stakeholders.
- Ad-hoc analysis
- Take initiative to solve problems, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ready to step-in when the Contracts and Compliance Manager is away.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in providing contract and procurement support for a business (for-profit or non-profit), strong understanding of insurance regulations.
- Working towards a certified accounting qualification preferred.
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail
- Good with numbers, using spreadsheets for financial purposes and for tracking tasks. Committed to CS's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion value
- Able to quickly learn and become proficient in new software and online applications
- Good communication skills, both interpersonal and written
- Passion for supporting efforts to end complex social problems
- Non-traditional candidates are welcome. Community Solutions strives for representation and authentic inclusion of applicants and employees who have direct, first-hand experience with poverty, homelessness, and their root causes (including marginalization, discrimination, and inequity).
- Google Suite Business Apps
- Microsoft Office Apps, especially Excel
- Zoom video conferencing software
- Expensify expense reimbursement software
- Asana project management
CS offers competitive salaries and benefits packages for every position. The salary range for this position is $43,350 - $48,200 and will be based upon experience.
This full-time position is fully remote, preferably based on the West Coast.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈