Compliance Officer - U.S.
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Finance / Legal
Bitcoin.com's mission is to create more 'economic freedom' in the world. By economic freedom we mean the ability for individuals to freely acquire and use personal resources however they choose. We assert that this freedom is a fundamental human right and a vital component of human dignity, and we believe that it is foundational for peaceful and prosperous societies.
Our vision is to provide the next billion people with access to products that exemplify the ideals of Bitcoin, and therefore support economic freedom. We see the key features of Bitcoin as being decentralization, censorship resistance, and permissionless-ness.
Our approach is to develop and promote widely accessible products that make cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin more accessible. For example, individuals can buy, use, and store them securely with our digital wallet and financial services. Businesses get access to the tools they need to accept cryptocurrency payments. Developers get support building technologies that promote financial inclusivity. Everyone who visits Bitcoin.com can learn about the future of money from a trusted source.
We are seeking a talented Compliance Officer who shares our vision and expand our U.S operation.
You will be responsible for the day to day compliance activities including regulatory projects, permissions applications and creating, improving and maintaining relevant policies, procedures, system monitoring, technology-based controls and training. A strong business acumen and the understanding of regulatory requirements vs. “best practices” in compliance is critical for this role.
- Design and implement frameworks, policies, processes, and systems around novel crypto products and services;
- Help identify existing potential areas of compliance vulnerability and develop/implement pragmatic corrective action plans;
- Developing and maintaining the company’s BSA/AML compliance program;
- Provide ongoing and ad-hoc support on compliance queries (both from clients and internal stakeholders) Finance, Operations, Sales, Marketing, etc;
- Design and review transaction monitoring policies and procedures. Identify, investigate, evaluate escalate and record any suspicious transactions or trends;
- Report and investigate possible instances of money laundering, suspicious activity or fraud;
- Maintaining awareness of U.S. and global regulatory developments with regards to all business activities; and
- Analysing and interpreting any regulatory changes to communicate to the CEO and any other applicable stakeholders.
- Minimum of three years of relevant (U.S.) experience working in compliance, preferably at a crypto, banking, brokerage, or asset management firms;
- Proven experience implementing BSA/AML compliance programs;
- Understanding and previous experience in blockchain technology and digital assets is a must;
- Ability to distil and discern important information from regulatory guidance, statutes and regulations, audit findings, and other documents and determine how it impacts the business;
- Must be able to perform independently and with minimal supervision;
- Strong organizational skills – must be multi-tasked oriented and able to balance pressure and deadlines with constantly changing priorities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure; and
- Experience interacting with FinCEN and local state agencies.
- We’re extremely flexible: you can work fully remotely or at Tokyo offices;
- Possibility of full-time employment in virtually any country in the world via our employer-of-records companies;
- Choice of compensation in crypto or fiat (depending on location); and
- Gym-membership and health insurance reimbursements (up to a certain amount based on seniority).
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈