1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
We are on a mission to help homeowners achieve financial security and build wealth through their home, while also making that wealth more accessible. EasyKnock is creating an entirely new category of loan-alternatives that disrupt the rigid way lending worked in the past, we can help millions of people convert their home equity. A New York City-based company founded in 2016, EasyKnock offers personalized financial solutions for American homeowners in various circumstances. We eliminate the hassle of dealing with banks, lenders, and moving by bringing our customers residential sale-leaseback programs. This means that EasyKnock purchases the house from the customer, getting them their home value upfront, with a lease to stay in the home as a renter until they are ready to move or repurchase.
We are looking for compassionate people who find joy in connecting others with creative solutions to access the value of their home. If you have a growth mindset, find absolute thrill in building a new business and excel in a dynamic work culture, we want to talk to you.
EasyKnock is looking for a Compliance Officer to assist the General Counsel with building an effective compliance program to ensure that business practices are aligned with industry standards and requirements. The Compliance Officer will play an integral role in overseeing and ensuring that our policies & procedures are current; ensuring that customer data is protected; assessing and making recommendations to manage EasyKnock’s market and reputational risk, auditing the various components of our transactions and exemplifying our culture of doing things right. To succeed in this role, you should be a reliable professional who is not afraid to speak their mind and stand by their decisions.
What you will do
- Assist in drafting and implementing compliance policies, guidelines and business procedures to ensure compliance with various federal and state laws and our intended business practices
- Conduct compliance reviews and audits to determine program effectiveness and identify weaknesses
- Interact with external auditors to answer compliance related questions and fulfill documentation requests
- Ensure that compliance issues or concerns are appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved in a timely fashion
- Work across teams to develop and maintain compliance of internal controls and policies, including information security policies
- Address employee concerns or questions on various legal compliance issues, in partnership with the General Counsel
- Remain current on industry compliance regulations/trends and policies and provide updates/recommendations to company stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience conducting risk management
- Lending origination compliance, real estate, financial services or audit experience preferred
- Familiarity with industry practices and regulatory standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Integrity and professional ethics
- Business acumen
- Teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits plus generous PTO
- Option to work remotely
- Opportunity to be part of a fast growing company in the financial technology industry
- A chance to work with incredible teammates that are super-bright, creative, talented, and passionate
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈