4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Freight and logistics are the lifeblood of our economy. Axle is a financial services company that keeps the supply chain moving by providing freight intermediaries a software-based solution that automates operational overhead & time-consuming back-office processes, so they can maintain better control of their cash flow.
We’re growing 50% month over month, and we’re excited about the opportunities for expansion in our product roadmap. To sustain this growth, we’re looking for exceptional talent to join our team.
We see Axle as a constant work-in-progress, and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. Our core values are tenacity, curiosity, empathy and transparency, which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in the company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well and have a team-first mentality. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help others in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term.
We are intentionally a fully-remote team and have team members across all time zones.
Axle is a consciously diverse workplace - across the organization and within each team. We are committed to equitable hiring, training, and advancement. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
We’re looking for a smart and ambitious Collections Manager to join our growing team.
As an early member of the team, you will:
- Manage a team of outsourced collection specialists
- Communicate with our client’s customers in order to establish strong working relationships
- Meaningfully impact the culture of our team and the trajectory of the company
- Specifically, you will be the lead on:
- Collecting quickly on all invoices purchased by the account managers
- Manage a team of outsourced collectors
- Setting policy and direction for all “Debtor Facing “ initiatives
- Ensuring that Axle maintains the high level of collection excellence that our clients have come to expect
- Minimum of 5+ years collection management experience
- Collection management at a freight brokerage or factoring company preferred
- Demonstrates exceptional client service skills and should have an impeccable track record of coordination with debtors for prompt collection of invoices
- Experience in default/workout management situations
- Knowledge of factoring is a must; transportation factoring is a plus, factoring for a brokerage would be an exceptional qualifier
Nice to Have
- Experience managing outsourced vendors
- Experience with fintech or logistics
- Credit management experience
- Cash posting and unidentified cash management
- Generous Option Grant
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote
- Quarterly Offsites (when it’s safe to travel again)
- Home Office Build-Out Allowance
- Professional Development Allowance
- Healthcare Reimbursement for Premiums and Medical/Dental/Vision Expenses
- Cell Phone Plan Reimbursement
- Home Internet Reimbursement
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- 401K Program
- FreightWaves Industry Article: Startup aims to democratize freight broker financing
- Crunchbase Funding Announcement: Axle Drives Freight Broker Financing Platform Forward With $27.7M
- Why We Invested: Axle
- Customer Reviews: Reviews.io
- Customer Reviews: Trustpilot.com
- Quickbooks Integration Announcement
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈