Clinical Risk Adjustment Coder
3 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Clinical Risk Adjustment Coder
This is a part-time non-exempt remote position to perform duties for Risk Adjustment Coding and Audit initiatives. As a clinical coder, you will be responsible, but not limited to, coding, confirming and abstracting ICD-10CM diagnosis codes from provider documentation and entering essential information within the Reveleer Platform data entry application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews medical records to determine if specific disease conditions were correctly reported based on documentation. Reports findings of the data validation review in the data entry feature within the Reveleer Platform.
- Follow the official coding guidelines including AHA Coding Clinic and other similar authoritative resources.
- Ensures project activities are in compliance with applicable coding guidelines, government and federal regulations.
- Regularly and consistently meet quality and productivity standards established by management
- Maintain ongoing communication with management regarding coding workload, turnaround time expectations and deliverables.
- Additional duties as necessary to meet the obligations to our clients.
- Maintains at least 95% accuracy in all coding projects by researching literature and attending professional seminars, workshops and conference as required by AAPC and/or AHIMA to maintain professional certification(s).
- Current Coding Certification (CPC, CPC-P, CPC-H, CPC-I, CRC, CCS, RHIT, RHIA etc.) through AAPC and/or AHIMA
- Minimum of 3 years coding experience with specific knowledge of Medicare and Commercial Risk Adjustment such as Hierarchical Condition category (HCC).
- Additional experience in facility(OPPS/IPPS) coding experience is preferred
- Additional experience in Health Plan Risk Adjustment Data Validation Audit (RADV) experience is preferred
Experience and Skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced remote environment with minimal supervision and guidance
- Ability to interact with management personnel
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities while managing a wide range of projects
- Adaptive and flexible to new ideas and change
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and pharmacology
- Advanced skills utilizing official coding resources for research and problem solving
- Advanced skills and knowledge of computers, use of required software to perform job functions
- Excellent written and communication skills and the ability to explain complex information
Reveleer is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈