Chief Compliance Officer, Payments
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Founded by Fintech executives from LearnVest, N26 and Stash and backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew and Inspired Capital, Orum is powering the future of financial services by enabling immediate, frictionless money movement. Orum's API-based product gives enterprise customers unique funds availability modeling, empowering them with the information required to shift to real-time payments, and then grants access to real-time payment rails without necessitating a bank integration. Orum’s flagship product, Foresight is currently available via Private Beta.
We’re a remote-first company building a geographically distributed team. We believe that working remotely presents a unique opportunity to build a diverse team that opportunistically leverages distance to asynchronously work better. If you’d like to play a part in crystallizing the vision of a world where money is smart, real time, and fully automated, we’d love to hear from you.
This is the first in-house hire in Compliance at Orum. You will be responsible for designing, managing, and evolving Orum’s banking compliance programs and building a team from the ground up - be prepared to get your hands dirty while we build quickly. It will require working hand in hand with Banking Operations, Legal, Risk, and Product. You will interface with our financial institution partners and regulatory bodies to ensure Orum has all necessary policies, procedures, and licenses to remain compliant as we launch and scale our money movement offerings. This role will report to the Head of Operations.
- Oversee Orum’s BSA/AML program and serve as BSA/AML Compliance Officer
- Manage Orum’s Money Transmitter License campaign including corporate structure optimization, Business Plan Development, Application Readiness, Application submission, and regulatory inquiries and follow ups
- Maintain regulatory relationships and manage licence maintenance
- Design and implement Orum’s procedures for client and end user onboarding including: KYC/KYB, AML, OFAC, Account Verification, and Fraud Risk
- Implement and maintain a transaction monitoring system and all necessary reporting processes to banking partners and regulatory bodies
- Grow a team of supporting Compliance Analysts to support day to day user onboarding and AML/OFAC monitoring (scale of team will adjust as business grows)
- Collaborate with Risk and Fraud teams to ensure fraudulent behavior/patterns are being captured and shared to ensure ongoing improvements to end user experience while mitigating company risk and losses
- Manage independent testing/auditing of Orum’s BSA/AML program at least annually
- Provide new employee orientation and manage ongoing periodic training to all appropriate team members
- Work cross functionally with all departments including collaboration with the Product organization to integrate and automate processes related to compliance requirements
- Design and maintain a compliance roadmap and forecast necessary changes to Orum’s compliance programs and operations to ensure business readiness for rapid scaling and bringing new products to market
- Drive improvements to policies, procedures, and processes to maximize effectiveness and efficiency
- 5+ years experience with BSA/AML compliance
- ACAMS CAMS Certified Preferred, CKYCA Certification a plus
- Experienced payments professional with a proven track record building and scaling payment compliance programs
- 3-5 years of experience leading teams
- Substantial payments risk management and controls experience
- Excellent organizational, conceptual, listening, training and coaching skills, and verbal/written communication skills
- Able to prioritize work, meet critical deadlines, and work effectively under pressure
We offer medical, dental and vision health plans, as well as other benefits including a 401K.
Orum.io provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈