6 days ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Openly is one of the fastest-growing Insurtechs in the country, building a next-generation insurance company from the ground up. We've launched our homeowners product with great success in five states and are looking to expand into twenty-five states by the end of 2021. We're paying close attention to the way customers want insurance to work, and questioning the way things have been done in this industry for over a hundred years - everything from how insurance is quoted and sold, to the frustrating back-end operations that waste money. Insurance is filled with interesting engineering problems that need a fresh perspective. You can watch our Techstars 2018 Demo Day video to learn more about what we've built.
This isn't something we've undertaken on a whim - the founding team brings executive-level experience from Liberty Mutual Insurance and Goldman Sachs, with mastery in actuarial science, computer engineering, math, and finance (MIT, Duke, and the University of Michigan). The rest of the team are key early hires who are experts in their respective fields of statistics, actuarial science, and engineering.
We're backed by a select group of deeply knowledgeable and dedicated investors. Our seed round was led by Gradient Ventures (Google's AI fund) and Obvious Ventures, a socially-minded top-tier VC behind companies like Beyond Meat and Medium, led our recent Series A.
We are committed to continuing to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. We want to encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status to apply.
About this role:
Openly is looking for a Billing Specialist who is responsible for ensuring that policy payments are received, processed and applied to the correct policy. Openly is focused on providing industry leading agent experience to our partners and this role will fill a critical need to support our agents with payment processing. This role will be a member of the Agent Experience team and handle both in-bound and out-bound calls regarding payment processing while also verifying receivables are applied to the correct policy each day.
- Direct accurate processing, crediting and balancing of customer accounts and premium payments.
- Resolve complex billing issues including agent inquiries, customer inquiries, and operational issues from staff, managers, policyholders and agents.
- Assist and support audit teams in verifying bills and billing data.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and communicate these opportunities to leadership
- Implement quality billing practices and procedures.
- Research unidentified payments, chargebacks, and refunds
- 2 years of billing/accounting experience is required, and Property and Casualty Insurance experience is preferred
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
- Passion for helping partner agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills
- Customer centric mindset with the ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
- Insurance product knowledge and the ability to gather additional knowledge rapidly
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google products along with experience working with a CRM
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contribution, flexible spending accounts and monthly remote working stipend
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈