1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
The health and well-being of our team, clients, and community is our top priority. We’re closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and following guidance from health authorities and government officials. Perkins & Co’s physical offices are currently closed and our employees are working remotely; interviews will be held virtually for the foreseeable future.
The long-term work location for this role is flexible; we are open to a fully remote arrangement for candidates who are located in and authorized to work in the U.S. We are not sponsoring visas or hiring internationally at this time.
Want to get a conversation started? We’d love to chat. Submit your application below or drop an email to [email protected].
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop careers that fulfill their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, strong community involvement and a dedication to constantly getting better every day. Perkins & Co offers a competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan, paid time off plan, and a comprehensive insurance package.
We are looking for CPAs who are passionate about providing excellent client service and developing the employees they work with. The ideal candidate is someone who tends to get excited when looking at financial statements and evaluating the scope of the audit before digging into the details. If you love what you do, and want to find a place where local travel and complex audit work coexist, we may have a home for you at Perkins & Co.
*Relocation assistance may be provided.
- Develop strong partnerships with a diverse client base (manufacturing & distribution, health care, commercial real estate, etc.)
- Understand and implement new audit risk standards as they pertain to our clients
- Support critical reasoning with proper firm and professional standards
- Manage competing priorities and communicate accordingly to deliver excellent client service
- Establish audit objectives and scope of work and manage engagement budgets, bills and schedules
- Develop and motivate engagement staff and seniors by providing mentorship, leadership, counseling and career guidance
- Foster teamwork and innovation to enhance the client service experience
- Review work prepared by the staff and seniors and provide constructive feedback to develop their personal and professional skills
- Demonstrate technical curiosity that directs the individual to grow professionally and personally in ways to positively contribute to the firm
- Seek opportunities to expand leadership within the firm by getting involved in various aspects of the firm such as training and development, recruiting, and/or updating processes/procedures
- Seek to become famous in the community through networking and other business development activities
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? If so, please submit your resume so we can get the conversation started!*
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in public accounting in a large local/regional or Big 4 firm (paperless environment)
- Proven technical expertise and experience with middle-market businesses
- Professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient with use of office technology and software (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Proven ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Strong problem solving, organizational and detail skills
- Ability to travel (mostly local;some out-of-area travel)
- CPA licensed
*Please note: This is a position for which we hire regularly so the job ad stays posted year-round. The timing for openings is uncertain, but we welcome the opportunity to network for opportunities as they arise.
Being a local firm gives us the advantage to do what our employees want. Being a great company takes more than just having a sleek office, fun events and wild parties, all of which we do have, coincidentally.
Perkins & Co offers competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan with immediate vesting of employer contributions, generous paid time off plan, incentive plan for sales leads, a comprehensive health and disability insurance package, and more! Please visit our website for more information (www.perkinsaccounting.com)
Ongoing training isn't just a benefit, it's a necessity. We provide comprehensive in-house, external and off-site training using a variety of high quality training resources, including BDO Alliance USA. Accounting isn't what it used to be. We truly believe that you don't have to work long hours to be successful.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈