Associate Risk & Compliance Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Our Security teams support the unwritten fourth tenet of Slack’s mission: make people’s working lives more secure. We’re serious about protecting our infrastructure, operations, and most importantly, our customers’ data. We take a systemic approach to security and strive to ensure we provide low friction high-impact security across everything we do.
As a key member of the Risk & Compliance Team, you understand that building user trust is critical to Slack’s success. You are passionate about information security risk management, privacy and maintaining customer confidence! Not only are you passionate about the subject matter, but learning, building, and sustaining processes to address new regulatory and compliance requirements excites you. You are eager to use your technical knowledge to understand our customers and answer their questions accordingly. In this role, your work will directly impact the way millions of users, teams and businesses get things done. We are seeking a motivated individual that is not only passionate about delivering results but does so in a collaborative and courteous manner.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the customer trust program; including the development of customer-facing documentation and responses regarding Slack’s information security, compliance and regulatory programs.
- Responding to customer information security and/or compliance inquiries and audits.
- Collaborate with a variety of teams to understand and drive resolution to customer security concerns.
- Understanding of basic cloud concepts (e.g. IaaS vs. PaaS vs. SaaS, AWS shared responsibility model, etc.)
- General understanding of SOC 2, ISO 27001, and/or FedRAMP.
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management, attention to detail, and other related organizational skills while interacting with partners across multiple time zones.
- Effective communication with great interpersonal and presentation skills; writing and speaking well to translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not specialists can understand.
- Industry certification(e.g. AWS, Security+, CCSK, etc.) and/or Bachelor’s Degree
- Has graduated in January 2020 or later
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈