Accounting Manager - Internal Controls
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Category: Finance / Legal
- Develop company-wide and business process risk assessments to evaluate and address any impact the results may have on the control environment.
- Design and implement efficient and effective controls across the organization.
- Create control documentation including process narratives, process flowcharts, and risk & controls matrices to be used to evaluate controls, specifically around a proprietary exchange trading platform.
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement and implementation.
- Use critical thinking skills to quickly identify control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions including remediation actions.
- Actively participate in decision making with process owners, provide meaningful insights, and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions.
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with process owners by providing high quality deliverables and communications, providing them tools and templates that can help them better achieve their process objectives and our control objectives.
- Conduct periodic meetings/walkthroughs with process owners to validate any changes to processes are updated and properly assessed for control gaps. Support process owners through training, reviewing, and providing guidance for their processes.
- Keeping up to date with changes in regulatory guidance, industry best practices, and areas of focus/hot topics for external audits.
- Actively building and managing relationships with Company stakeholders, while promoting the importance of compliance initiatives throughout the organization.
- Facilitate requests between the control owners and the external audit team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field
- CPA in good standing strongly preferred
- 7+ years of accounting/audit experience
- Industry experience in financial services, fintech, banking, or exchange strongly preferred
- Experience or knowledge with cryptocurrency is strongly preferred
- Experience with SQL query writing a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP and experience with SOX
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Google Suite and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Microsoft Excel proficiency including pivot tables, H & V-Lookup
- Experience using an ERP system such Netsuite is a plus
- Experience with high volume transactions is a plus
- Audit experience from the Big 4 or national accounting firms is a plus
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈