1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Here at Crisp, we value the strength in teamwork, and strongly believe that it’s the key to Crisp’s success. By bringing together bright, motivated creators, wherever they live and work, we are leveraging humanity’s diversity of experience and background in order to understand the challenges facing our food supply, and solve them together. Come join us, and help build the type of business you’d like to be a part of.
We are a socially conscious, distributed team. We give you the opportunity to solve challenges in the global food industry while living where you’re most comfortable and working in areas where you can help foster and grow the community that you are a part of.
We believe in transparency, diversity, merit and fostering a culture of empowerment, personal impact and career growth. We are looking for our first accounting hire in the form of an Accounting Manager. As the first accounting hire, you will have the opportunity to affect change and drive success for nearly all facets of Crisp’s accounting function. We need someone who can not only manage the accounting function of a growing, constantly changing SaaS business, but also lay the groundwork for future success of the function through the implementation of new policies, procedures and controls.
This is an evolving role, currently reporting directly to the VP of Finance, with ample opportunity for growth if you play to your strengths. Whether you are coming from a startup or corporate background, you appreciate how much impact there is to be had in smaller organizations and you relish the ability to shape your own role and the future of the company.
Signs of a great candidate for Crisp
- Collaborative. You know that your colleagues’ perspectives will make our customers successful. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together. You propose ways for us to be more engaged and successful with our customers.
- Customer focused. Our customers are at the forefront of your day. You prioritize our customers’ voice to ensure their needs are met.
- Ambitious, curious, and resourceful. You are innately curious, and you aren’t afraid to work hard. You are self driven, you take direction well but are able to be creative to find results on your own when asked. You are driven to succeed because your hard work and results make you proud.
- Disciplined and reliable. We are a distributed company and you enjoy the benefits of working distributed while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback. You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder. You often identify a problem, create a solution and bring it to a state of completion - with others, or even on your own. You find ways of eliminating or automating stuff that is uninteresting or wasteful.
Crisp’s Accounting Manager Will...
- Own the overall accounting function including AR, AP, payroll, treasury, and the monthly/annual close and financial reporting process.
- Possess a working knowledge of GAAP gained through experience in a public and private accounting, preferably with a VC backed, growth stage company.
- Develop policies, procedures, and controls that reduce risk and make the accounting function and Crisp’s operations more efficient.
- Continually improve Crisp’s accounting operations by supporting new clients, products, pricing structures, and markets as the company scales.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and leaders such as finance to support FP&A activities and sales to ensure perfect execution of customer invoicing.
- Liaise with external service providers such as tax advisors, lenders, attorneys, and technical accountants.
- Perform consolidated financial reporting with our international subsidiaries.
- Own the treasury function by managing bank accounts, the funding of subsidiaries, and the various methods of settling vendor payments and employee expenses.
- Own the Accounting technology stack and continually look to improve it as needed to meet the changing needs of our growing, international SaaS business.
- Deliver ad hoc reporting and projects that support FP&A and the business.
- Support regulatory filings and registrations including but not limited to federal and state taxes, and entity registrations and renewals.
A great candidate Will Have
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting. CPA (active or inactive) preferred.
- Experience using Quickbooks Online, bill.com, SaaS billing software, Salesforce, and ERP systems (Netsuite is a plus).
- Strong project management skills including an ability to multitask, prioritize and respond quickly within a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to communicate and present to senior leadership and external partners.
- Potential to manage and build a team as Crisp grows.
We are building a team of accounting and finance operators with a breadth of combined experiences so that we can collaboratively enable our customers to be successful. There are no hard requirements on specific background, experience or geographical location. Instead we’re looking for individuals that are capable, reliable, and hoping to grow along with us. Do you have strengths you can share? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈