1 month ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Remote Position, Home-Based; Part-Time
We are only accepting applicants who reside within the states of Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming.
LedgerGurus is a virtual, outsourced accounting firm headquartered in Utah providing full-service accounting to growing businesses. We provide each client with a bookkeeper and accounting manager to do bookkeeping, payroll, invoicing, bill payments, budgeting, financial analysis, etc. We provide growing businesses with relief from accounting headaches and help them be successful, while specializing in eCommerce accounting. We believe in job flexibility and provide employees an opportunity to apply their expertise without going into an office.
The Accounting Manager is the face of LedgerGurus to their clients and is responsible for providing outstanding service and support to their assigned clients while building a highly capable team of bookkeepers. A successful candidate should keep engagements within budget, proactively advise their clients, and be able to inspire confidence in their team and clients. They must be independently proactive about their tasks and be able to effectively manage their time without much oversight. All LedgerGurus employees have and always will work remotely from home. The Accounting Manager must be willing to work a minimum of 25hours a week and be available during typical business hours.
- Onboard clients by doing financial cleanups and understanding all aspects of their financial accounts, including A/R, A/P, Payroll, Bill Pay, etc.
- Train and manage a team of bookkeepers. Hold weekly bookkeeper meetings.
- Attend weekly manager meetings
- Prepare, analyze, and discuss client financials on a monthly basis
- Responsible for keeping engagements within budget and recognizing when budget needs to expand
- Available to respond to bookkeeper and client questions
- Reviews bookkeeper work for accuracy and efficiency
- Master necessary software to complete work
- Manage client expectations and build relationships
Skills and Abilities:
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Accounting acuity - understanding of and ability to analyze financial statements
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Foundational Microsoft Office suite knowledge
- Manages time effectively, especially in a remote working environment
- Able to meet deadlines while working independently
- Ability to build and lead team of bookkeepers
- Works with honesty and integrity
- Preferred: QuickBooks experience, budgeting, forecasting, preparing cash flows
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Preferred: QuickBooks Pro-Advisor or solid experience with QuickBooks, Xero, or other accounting software.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈