1 week ago
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
All Turtles is a mission-driven product studio. We solve clear, meaningful problems felt by people and companies alike, and make products with simple, direct business models. Based in San Francisco and Tokyo, our collaborative multi-disciplinary team is distributed across the US and Japan.
The Accounting Manager will work directly with the VP of Finance and external vendors on all accounting, tax and finance related matters for All Turtles and a few of its portfolio companies. You’ll be successful in this role if you’re a team player who is excellent with details, and contributes to operational effectiveness in a high-growth and fast-paced environment.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Reviewing the monthly close and quarterly consolidation for All Turtles, its subsidiaries, and some of its portfolio companies, including elimination journal entries and analytical review, in tandem with our backoffice firm
- Establishing and maintaining reporting schedules, budgets and forecasts for multiple projects of the studio
- Updating valuations of early-stage tech companies
- Assisting with the annual external audit
- Providing support on a number of technical accounting matters and operational needs, including but not limited to: SaaS revenue recognition, R&D tax credit study, 409A valuations, and financial models
- As the second hire in the accounting and finance department, you’ll also be responsible for contributing to the development of the overall organization by offering suggestions, improving processes and providing business insights
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; CPA license preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in public or private accounting in investment management and/or SaaS companies
- Experience with at least one of the following: ASC 606 Revenue Recognition, ASC 810 Consolidation, ASC 820 Fair value measurement, International B2C sales and tax, acquisition accounting, or business forecasting
- An interest in empowering highly talented teams work on mission-driven products while developing both technical and operational accounting skills
- An understanding of the startup environment and a resourceful approach to facing new challenges
- Problem solving, attention to detail, project management skills
This Accounting manager role is a full-time position reporting to the VP of Finance. This role can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works across US time zones, US-based applicants are preferred. We offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance to our employees and their dependents, as well as a suite of optional benefits and perks programs including parental leave and flexible PTO.
All Turtles is committed to creating a diverse team. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈