Accounting Intern- Summer 2021
Nerd Street Gamers
3 weeks ago
Job type: Internship
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Nerd Street Gamers (NSG) provides opportunities for gamers to gain experience in competitive esports, through a national network of esports facilities and events. As an accounting intern at NSG, you will assist the accounting and finance teams in helping solve ongoing operational challenges. As an essential member of the team, you will perform key operational functions of the payroll and accounting department. This unique opportunity will give you the chance to gain valuable insight and experience into an esports organization.
The summer 2021 internship program covers a minimum of 10 weeks, from Late May to Mid August, 2021. Start and end dates can vary depending on circumstance. Interns will be required to work five (5) full days (approximately 40 hours) per week. Interns will be paid an hourly rate for their work.
As a member of the NSG internship program, you will be a critical part of helping to fulfill our mission of bringing access, integrity and opportunity to gamers from all backgrounds and walks of life.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with the audit team to see timely completion of the program.
- Assist Director of Accounting on day-to-day needs of the department
- Ability to perform a multitude of tasks to provide support within all areas of the accounting department.
- Identify problems and possible solutions to increase workflow and productivity throughout the organization .
- Create and develop reports and other reconciliation needs to add value to current processes and procedures.
Non Essential Job Functions
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Pursuing a B.S. in Accounting or Finance from accredited college or university in NA.
- Educational experience in accounting and/or financial management (ACCT 101, FIN 101).
- Proficient in Microsoft excel.
- Esports Industry Interest and Knowledge is a plus.
What We Like to See:
- High attention to detail.
- Out-going and able to work in a team environment.
- Interest in pursuing a career in accounting or finance.
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Ability to work hours outside of a standard business day.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈