Community Dental Partners
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
Community Dental Partners
Job Description: Director of Accounting
COMMUNITY DENTAL PARTNERS' (CDP) OVERVIEW:
We are revolutionizing dental care by building value-based, innovative solutions to create an amazing patient, staff, and doctor experience in underserved markets. Started in 2010, CDP now supports more than 60 dental practices that serve more than 300,000 patient visits each year. The company has doubled the number of practices supported in 2020 (even with COVID) and looks to double again in the next 12-18 months by building new practices and partnering with dentists with existing locations.
The successful candidate will be a fit for the CDP Culture, which is embodied in the company's value system, known as the NINE PILLARS™. These pillars serve as the company's overarching code of conduct as well as the criteria upon which job performance is evaluated. The pillars are:
- Humility: You are not always right, and you openly accept this and are willing to graciously receive feedback, letting go of the past and being open to change. You are teachable and hungry to improve.
- Personal Honesty & Responsibility: You avoid making excuses, rationalizing, or minimizing your mistakes and shortcomings. You refrain from blaming others. You understand what is and is not within your control, meaning you take full ownership of what is in your control and you let go of what is out of your control.
- Gratitude: You love feedback so much that you thank anyone who is willing to give it to you, especially when it points out ways you can improve. You are grateful for work and for coworkers who are different from and complementary to you. You focus on what you do have, not what you don't.
- Team Loyalty and Respect: You do not gossip, but rather engage in CDP's proprietary STRATE Talk™ system to show respect, loyalty, and compassion to your coworkers. You would never think of deflecting blame to others by saying: “That's not my job.” You strive for alignment and unity with your team.
- Individual Compassion: You do not judge others, preferring to assume they have weaknesses that they are working on just like you. You make it a priority to get to know those around you and, once you learn their needs, fears, and emotions, you genuinely desire to help them.
- Development and Learning: You focus on improving yourself, recognizing that it is a life-long process, not a one-time event. You put in the effort to shed past perspectives to allow yourself to grow to the next level.
- Relationships and Customer Service: You are in the relationship business, not finance or dentistry. You value others and strive to make their days better because they interacted with you. You avoid unnecessary criticism, preferring to have a positive attitude.
- Health and Balance: You manage your personal and professional life in such a way that you are 100% present.
- Happiness and Fun: Happiness is an inside job, meaning you are exclusively in charge of choosing to be happy and have fun. You are comfortable being yourself and you encourage others to do the same.
This position will report directly to the CFO and will include direct supervision of the Controller as well as oversight of accounting supervisors, staff accountants, and accounting specialists. Specific duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Direct the activities of staff, ensuring timely and accurate completion of monthly closing schedules and other tasks as well as attainment of objectives
- Proactively foster staff and develop talent for long-term accounting / financial careers
- Direct and manage the general ledger close
- Coordinates internal accuracy reviews monthly, including internal controls
- Leads the development and implementation of standardization of processes
- Leads the development of process improvement initiatives including automation enhancements
- Oversees and directs all treasury processes and functions
- Supervise reconciliation of all balance sheet general ledger accounts including bank account reconciliations
- Leads due diligence and acquisition of integrations; develops flexible integration processes to meet the unique needs of complex ownership structures
- Ensures legal agreement deliverables are accurate and timely
- Assist management in identifying areas of opportunity to ensure achievement of established financial and operational objectives to include development and monitoring of cost control strategies
- Manage Fixed Assets through their entire life cycle - including both useful life and depreciation
- Manages goodwill and asset impairment evaluations
- Oversee monthly deferred rent calculations
- Updates Key Operational Metrics and reports on department progress weekly
- Oversees statistical, non-financial entries in the accounting software
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required.
- Experience with Sage Intacct or similar system required
- Eight to ten years of experience in accounting, controller, or similar role required.
- Process improvement and automation
- Comfortable with a remote workforce, experience working in an organization transitioning team to remote work preferred
- Experience with private-equity backed, high-growth company preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Previous experience with contracts, general ledger, A/P, A/R intercompany accounts required.
- Healthcare industry industry experience preferred
- Acquisition due diligence and integration experience required
- Health, Vision, Dental, LTD/STD
- 401K with Match
- PTO and Holiday Pay
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈