Accounting Client Service Manager
Nimbl - Accounting
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
At a young age, the founders of Nimbl learned the seemingly unexpected role that accounting plays in creating successful organizations, families, and communities. Dave Olsen and Shane Rowley both grew up in small business families, though each has his own unique story. Both of their childhoods were characterized by lessons learned while working alongside their fathers. For Dave, Shane, and the entire Nimbl team, accurate accounting enables entrepreneurs to build thriving businesses that provide opportunity and abundance for everyone. Nimbl is dedicated to providing a variety of accounting services to small to midsize businesses across the country to not only empower them to make accurate decisions, but do it in a way that impacts every facet of their life.
Enter you. Nimbl has been growing at an exponential rate, and we need someone as passionate about accounting and small business as we are to join our accounting team.
As a client service manager, you will be the face of the company to our clients (from the comfort of your own home or wherever you choose to work). That means we are looking for the best of the best. While accounting will be part of your daily routine, most of your time will be spent interacting with clients and overseeing bookkeepers.
- Manage small business accounting automation tools like Quickbooks Online, Bill.com, and Gusto
- Oversee and improve routine processes like month-end close
- Make payments to vendors
- Handle complex and non-routine processes, such as:
- Reconciling fixed assets and debt schedules to financial statements
- Maintaining revenue recognition schedules
- Making inventory/COGS entries
- Set up and run payroll
- Prepare financial reports
- Create and maintain financial models and projections
- Build strong client relationships
- Train and coordinate the work of bookkeepers, consultants, and other financial professionals
- Implement new clients, which includes setting up processes and performing books catch-up and/or clean-up work
The approximate number of hours per week will be agreed upon during the hiring process, but the position can be anywhere between 20 and 40 hours per week. The position requires some daily availability unless time off is arranged beforehand, but the amount of time each day is flexible.
- An innate desire to serve people, especially business owners
- An obsession with meeting deadlines and keeping agreements
- An accountant without an accountant personality :)
- A problem-solver who works independently with minimal oversight
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in small business accounting, such as:
- Categorizing transactions
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Making accrual adjusting entries
- Reconciling fixed asset
- Maintaining debt schedules
- Preparing and analyzing financial statements
- A wizard with computers, spreadsheets (especially Google Sheets), and accounting software
- Coaching and mentoring experience (like explaining accounting to non-accountants)
- Ability to self-teach and develop proficiency with a variety of technology and software
- Comfortable delegating and overseeing routine work by digging into business processes, troubleshooting a problem, or giving training
- Experience with business income tax returns (bonus, but not required)
$25+ (or flat salary equivalent) depending on experience. Pay increases will be directly tied to quality and efficiency, including the ability to create systems and lead less experienced bookkeepers. We charge clients a flat fee instead of by the hour, so we are driven to serve well and serve efficiently using automation and processes.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈