Cheryl Jefferson & Associates
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: Finance / Legal
We have a career opportunity for an experienced full-time Accounting Clerk/Bookkeeper in a highly collaborative team environment that is fast pace and provides quality service to our customers. We are looking for someone that is energetic, reliable, and eager to assist. You will be performing data entry, bookkeeping, reconciliations, and documented accounting research. If you are not shy talking with clients and afraid to take risks by working on a project you are familiar with or independently try to solve a problem on your own within the parameters of the Accounting Clerk/Bookkeeping tasks, this may be the position for you. Our CPA firm performs accounting services for nonpublic companies up to $25 million in a variety of engineering and technology industries.
We are a small, 100% virtual CPA firm with clients and professionals across the US.
We pride ourselves in being as tech savvy as CPA firms go. We make use of the latest technology to advise and train clients, monitor projects, and keep the entire team involved in on-time delivery of results.
We are results-driven, with the majority of our projects structured as a fixed price.
We also believe in a work-life balance to ensure our team is always excited and engaged in the next big client crisis. Paid holidays, PTO, and employer-paid health reimbursement account are a few of the benefits we offer.
Why do our clients love us? Because we understand their unique businesses, are proactive problem solvers, and overcome challenges to deliver on time.
- Taking ownership and working closing with monthly and quarterly clients
- Data entry of timesheets, payroll, invoices, AP, and P&E into accounting systems
- Reconciling quarterly and annual payroll tax returns
- Reconciling and analyzing the balances of various accounts
- Prepare and maintain accounting documents, schedules and records
- Entering journal entries and reviewing trial balance for accuracy
- Preparing financial reports
- Research, track and resolve accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Providing assistance and support to firm personnel as needed
- Expert level, MS Office 2016/2019, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Ability to work through issues or problems
- Ability to work with clients and staff
- Must have high emotional intelligence, be calm under pressure, and efficient in both team and individual environments
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree w/2 years' experience in bookkeeping role OR high school degree w/4 years of experience
- 2 years' experience performing full-cycle bookkeeping, reconciling accounts and basic accounting procedures
- 2 years of recent work experience with QuickBooks desktop version including exporting data, running reports and data entry in all modules. There will be a demonstration assessment.
- Experience with digital collaboration tools such as Asana, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Teams
This is a remote position
- Work may be done from a dedicated home office or a virtual office location with reliable internet, physically within the continental US (work may NOT be performed in a public space or outside of the US).
- Work hours are 8AM - 5PM EST, Monday through Friday.
- You must be available for phone calls, instant messaging and video conferencing during work hours.
- Required technology includes (1) minimum 15-inch screen laptop or PC with windows 10, (2) 2nd 20-inch monitor or larger, (3) minimum internet speed of 25Mbps, and (4) a smartphone.
- You are expected to be tech-savvy, have the ability to figure out most apps, can follow "Help" and be willing to Google or YouTube anything else.
Salary Range: $15 - $20 per hour
TO APPLY----CLICK HERE to apply directly on CJA's website.
- Make sure you have an actual resume uploaded to our site.
- Applications sent via job boards will not be considered
- For the Experience Summary, explain your specific experience as it relates to this position. Help us see that you are the perfect fit for the position.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈