Virtual Systems Engineer
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Philippines
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Our focus is on developing the very best mobile and web applications and building long-term relationships with our clients. We are currently looking for an Android Developer to add to our growing team.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in systems administration or relevant field.
- Must have strong database administration skills.
- Expertise in systems administration for Linux/UNIX-based systems.
- Able to write high-quality code in programming languages such as Ruby, Python, PHP, Bash scripting.
- Proficiency in configuration management tools (such as Chef, Puppet) and orchestration automation (such as Kubernetes).
- Significant experience in cloud computing across different providers such as AWS, Azure, Rackspace.
- Able to think about systems: edge cases, failure models, and lifecycles.
- Can debug complex problems across the infrastructure stack.
- The ability to write defensive, high-quality code that addresses real-world engineering and security problems.
- The ability to find creative ways of reducing risk of inherently insecure efforts.
- A knack for finding flaws in software and can effectively communicate both their business impact and remediation.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within and outside the company.
- Share on-call responsibilities to provide 24x7 support.
- Developing and implement systems monitoring, business continuity, and IT disaster recovery plan.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Design, build and maintain core application and security infrastructure used by the company's developer teams.
- Improve DevOps engineering standards, tooling, and processes, emphasizing security, automation, and availability.
- Architect and build out solutions and frameworks that address current and future threats to the company infrastructure.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Plan for the growth of the infrastructure the client needs
- Communicate effectively with clients and colleagues
Chromedia is a custom application development company based in Denver, Colorado and Cebu Business Park in Cebu City. Our focus is on developing the very best mobile and web applications and building long-term relationships with our clients.
At any point-in-time we have a “portfolio” of active projects on which we are working. This provides the opportunity for our team members to learn new technologies, experience new industries, and diversify their development opportunities.
Due to COVID, this position is currently a WORK FROM HOME (WFH) position. Post-COVID we may open a co-working office in Cebu but workers can permanently decide to WFH, if they choose.
This is a contracted position however after a brief probationary period we offer full healthcare reimbursement for the contractor, their spouse and children, paid holiday leave, paid vacation and sick leave, internet reimbursement, computer and software reimbursements as well as professional development opportunities.
We enjoy what we do, we value balance in our lives, and we take pride in our work. As a small company, you have an opportunity to directly impact our clients and business on a daily basis. If you'd like to explore opportunities with us, please submit your application below and outline your interest and compensation expectations along with either your LinkedIn Profile or a cover letter and your resume. If possible, please include a portfolio of your work.
In line with the pandemic, we will be conducting online interviews for qualified applicants.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Philippines.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈