Virtual Chief Information Security Officer
Cyber Defense Group
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Cyber Defense Group (CDG) is a fast-growing cybersecurity consultancy based in LA. Our mission is to provide the most effective cyber defense for our clients through outcomes-based security. Our small-but-mighty team of industry experts combines decades of security experience at world-renown companies, and we’re proud that CDG already counts many prominent, diverse brands across the globe as our clients.
We currently have an urgent need for a virtual Chief Information Security Officer (vCISO) to join our team. The vCISO will provide expert leadership, vision, and hands-on strategy for managing and evolving CDG's clients' security ecosystems as we continue the rapid expansion of our customer base.
- Development, enhancement, and delivery of our security program offerings
- Be the designated executive cybersecurity resource and expert across a diverse range of client companies
- Work with clients to develop their cybersecurity programs, identify and propose prevailing cybersecurity standards and best practices, and provide leadership necessary to bring those programs to fruition
- Regular reporting to client business executives on the status of their information security program
- Regularly liaise with the client for regulatory and compliance related standards
- Guidance and oversight for continual assessments (vulnerability, risk and penetration testing), helping to prioritize results to mitigate risk
- Identify opportunities and facilitate the introduction and implementation of CDG's offerings to clients
- 10+ years of experience in risk management, privacy program management, information security and information technology, with a track record of success operating in a decentralized organization
- Knowledge of major information security management frameworks
- Extensive cloud native experience
- Formal consulting experience, preferably at a Big Four firm
- Up-to-date knowledge of methodologies and trends in both business and IT
- Ability to provide strong leadership, technical growth and management to the security and privacy team to achieve tactical and strategic goals
- Entrepreneurially minded with high sense of urgency and hands-on leadership style
- Startup experience preferred
(upon conversion to fulltime employee)
Health coverage, matching 401K, initial and ongoing training, flexible and supportive remote work environment, opportunity for fast growth and advancement.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈