Technical Services Engineer (DevOps SRE)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Multiple locations
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
(Open to all locations in the UK, EU, US, Brazil)
Weaveworks was founded in 2014 and is the company behind popular Kubernetes tools like Flux, Scope, Cortex, EKSCTL (the official CLI for Amazon EKS) and the flagship enterprise product Weave Kubernetes Platform (WKP).
Our mission is to help the world's leading organizations adopt Kubernetes and other Cloud Native technologies and working practices. Organizations use our products and services to build better software and operate it reliably, at scale. Our approach brings together container-based application deployment, Kubernetes, and operations tooling in a model we call GitOps.
This role is suitable for someone who relishes the challenge of being involved with cutting-edge technologies and complex customer needs.
We are actively looking for skilled DevOps and SRE's with golang developer expertise in Kubernetes and Cloud Native tools and technologies. As a member of the technical services team, you will be working closely with our customers supporting their Kubernetes and Cloud Native environments. The team is highly technical, with a balance of production experience and working with open-source tools and technologies.
Additional attributes include experience in, AWS, Release Engineering, DevOps, and Linux. There is no anticipation that one individual will have deep expertise across these attributes however this allows for fitting within our requirements.
The core attribute of this role is a passion for Production State systems for our customers and partners. You will be responsible for providing our commercial customers with our Weaveworks open-source and commercial offerings. From identifying and patching defects/bugs, to submitting PR's and providing hotfixes. As a member of the team, will provide customers with managed services and supporting our Weave Cloud SaaS solution. We support large-scale Telco's and Finance organizations to small start up's on their journey to cloud native adoption.
- Lead a proactive approach to customer success through technical support and experience.
- Strive to provide the right solutions and technologies for our customers that benefit them and us.
- Collaborate across the organization, with your peers in customer success and engineering
- Thrive in a diverse and globally distributed team environment,
- Have extensive open-source work experience within a cloud native practice.
- Experience with Kubernetes and cloud native tools and technologies
- Fluent in golang and other related technologies
- Experience with sustaining engineering activities and process.
- Operations production experience of cloud native managed services.
- Previous startup experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Have prior experience working in open-source projects
- Have a breadth of SRE and DevOps engineering practice expertise
- Written and verbal German, Portuguese or French communication skills a plus
- You must be able to work legally in the country employed
- We are not accepting contractor or other non-permanent candidates
- You must be comfortable working in a remote only (WFH) environment.
- As a for-profit company that is deeply committed to open-source, you will find yourself working with a team who are passionate to achieving success in both.
- Not open to recruitment agencies.
Weaveworks is committed to diversity. Weaveworks considers qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation
Black lives matter.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Multiple locations .
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈