Systems Engineer, Infrastructure & Cloud Automation
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
We are a technology consulting firm that specializes in cloud native and enterprise DevSecOps transformations. We are passionate about technology and building value for our clients through amazing technical solutions using cloud native, containers and extreme automation based DevSecOps practices. We believe in pushing the envelope and setting the bar high. That's one of the main reasons our customers love working with us. There are many factors that go into building and delivering superior technical solutions, but the most important factor is having top notch people. If you love building cloud native systems, applications and automation solutions in the cloud and you are looking to join a company that is an Enterprise DevSecOps and Cloud Native powerhouse, then keep reading.
You will be part of an infrastructure automation and strategic operations team responsible for transforming the operations processes for a large financial organization. This entails maintaining an Ansible-based automation platform, and helping platform users automate configurations for various systems and applications. You will be operating in an AWS/Azure/VMWare hybrid environment. Using an automation stack comprised of Ansible, Terraform, AWX and GitLab, you will be rapidly gathering requirements and configurations, onboard and support internal customers and help expand adoption of the platform. As an integral member of our team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the marketplace.
- 5+ years of experience working as an automation and technical engineer working with Linux and Windows.
- Extensive experience with automating systems and environment deployments using Ansible on VMware and AWS.
- Experience with the Windows Ansible modules and automating Windows server and desktop tasks.
- Proven experience of PowerShell and Linux shell scripting.
- Ability to translate existing system configurations to Ansible YAML for infrastructure standardization in code.
- Ability to analyze the core functionality of a commercial software and facilitate its removal and replacement with Ansible.
- Experience creating automation workflows with Jenkins.
- Understanding of DevOps principles.
- Ability to multi-task; working on multiple project teams and wearing multiple hats.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ansible module development experience a huge plus.
- Experience in AWX integration with ServiceNow a plus.
- Drive: Passion and energy to implement quality technical solutions. Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity
- Commitment to Quality: Passion to conceive and produce world-class solutions that drive real-world value for the customer
- Customer Focus: Consultative approach to solving problems for customers. Expectations management.
- Communication: Superior communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate problems, solutions, risks, rewards etc. (written and verbal)
- Technical Skills: Love for technology. You have to be inherently passionate about technology.
- Business Acumen: Technology ultimately is used to enable the business. We look for people who understand how the businesses can be enabled through their technical solutions
What we offer:
- Ability to make a noticeable difference for the organization and our customers
- Tremendous growth opportunity by becoming part of a rapidly growing organization. It’s not your tenure but what you can bring to the table that defines how your career will be shaped. You control your growth.
- Complex but interesting challenges to improve the depth and breadth of your technical and business skills. Our consultants are business technologists and understand how technology drives business.
- Competitive pay and benefits
Work authorization requirement: US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Oteemo is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants on merit and business needs and not on race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other factor protected by law. Oteemo complies with the law regarding reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled employees.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈