4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Spinnaker Support is a leading and trusted global provider of Oracle and SAP third-party support. Spinnaker Support customers get more comprehensive and responsive service, save an average of 62% on their annual maintenance fees, and can remain on their current software releases indefinitely. A rising number of our third-party support customers are utilizing incremental services we provide. We remain the only third-party support vendor to deliver application managed services, technology managed services, and consulting when customers prefer to consolidate with a single vendor. They trust Spinnaker Support to keep their enterprise applications running at peak performance while helping them navigate from on-premise to hybrid to cloud.
The Sybase DBA will troubleshoot; perform quality control, and performance tune data to ensure its integrity and reliability. This Candidate will confer with clients on all Sybase needs. The DBA will monitor, troubleshoot, test and resolve issues opened by the Spinnaker Support client base.
- 15+ years of Sybase development experience w/strong command of SQL.
- Experience with Stored Procedures, Triggers, etc.
- Experience with data and batch loading processes.
- Strong Data Modeling and Database design skills.
- Experience with Data warehouses and transactional databases.
- Proficiency with optimization techniques.
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of other database products are a plus.
- Experience administering large scale database environments in various industries.
- Proficiency in design, administration, implementation, upgrades, monitoring of databases.
- Proficiency in database tuning, to ensure that applications run efficiently and reliably.
- Strong communication skills oral and written including customer facing activities to support client operations.
- Disciplined work ethic to work remotely and manage projects and time accordingly.
- Ability to support and address technical questions pertaining to Sybase on sales calls.
- Maintain responsibility for analysis of Sybase and SQL code. Tune queries, write Stored Procedures, perform indexing, and other database elements.
- Database design, coding, testing, debugging, and installing.
- Follow client software development methodologies.
- Work through business requirements and designs with clients and partners
- Review and enhance existing Sybase/SQL code to improve performance.
- Interface with clients to determines impacts of software changes.
- Confer with internal staff, PM’s, regarding task definitions and schedules involving database(s).
- Plan/design database changes related to issue resolution, tool configuration as required by clients.
- Plan data refresh, migration, other initiatives related client Sybase applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production problems involving databases.
At Spinnaker Support, our employees are at the heart of our success. That’s why we offer a competitive benefits package and generous PTO plans.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈