Supervisor – Systems Application Development
Citizens Property Insurance
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Citizens is pleased to offer this opportunity on a remote / virtual basis (either fully remote or a combination of remote and in our Jacksonville, FL office). Visa sponsorship is NOT being offered for this position.
Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
Citizens IT department offers an Agile (SAFe), teamwork-based, collaborative environment. We are seeking a talented Supervisor – Systems Application Development to provide management and leadership to our policy and rating center development team. The position is responsible for ensuring that application development plans, standards, and procedures are created and implemented. Functioning as the Technical Product Owner and team Scrum Master, this role requires someone who has a strong technical background as well as some familiarity with cloud technologies. In addition to supervisory responsibilities, this individual will be responsible for working with other project leaders and business teams to plan and execute development activities in support of business initiatives.
Job Duties / Essential Functions:
Facilitates a work environment that fosters and supports ethical decision-making and actions by motivating, promoting, and modeling ethical behavior, as well as executing job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics and information protection policies.
- Provide direct supervisory oversight, guidance, and assignments to staff for multiple software project and enhancement efforts. Responsible for managing all staff including hiring, goal setting, planning and delegation of work training and development, coaching/mentoring and completion of performance evaluations.
- Select, develop, and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operations
- Serve as a liaison across different business units inside IT and among our business partner areas for project efforts.
- Oversee system development cost estimates, budgets, and schedules. Prepare and present project proposals to management and user departments.
- Establish, update and enforce development standards and/or document management standards, including application documentation requirements.
- Plan, conduct, and coordinate business programming applications, document management development and support activities, and other related activities
- Provide assurance of quality and compliance of software applications to established standards across the full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or related field) OR 4 years of relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 6 years
- 6 or more years of experience in enterprise-level application development activities with web-based applications in a large-scale, database environment, plus 1 or more years in lead or management roles.
- Experience in Agile and Lean development methodologies including Scrum, XP, and Kanban.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven technical leadership and supervisory skills
- Agile Scrum Methodology / Scrum Master / SAFe
- Guidewire experience or knowledge is preferred
- Collaboration and prioritization of multiple tasks
- Strategic planning and ability to understand organizational goals
- Very strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) with good temperament
- Team and relationships building
- Work well within a cross-functional team
- Good organization skills and problem-solving skills
- Service-oriented, self-motivated
- Budget management
- Software Development Life Cycle knowledge
- Technical documentation skills and presentation skills
- Web Application Development Frameworks
- Experience or certification in COBIT or ITIL or similar standards is preferred.
- Experience in the management of ongoing technology software acquisition and expansion including the identification and integration of suitable emerging technologies is preferred
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance industry is preferred
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈