Staff Software Engineer - Cloud Security
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Astronomer is a rapidly growing startup with the mission to build the next generation of data orchestration. We run the world’s most successful Apache Airflow as-a-service offering (Astronomer Cloud), and offer enterprises licensing to run our PaaS on their Kubernetes clusters (Astronomer Enterprise).
We are looking for an experienced, hard-working, and motivated Staff level Software Engineer possessing a unique balance of technical depth, customer focus and a passion for security to join our Commercial Platform team. In this role, you’ll bring a security mindset to teams across our organization in designing and delivering innovative cloud based infrastructure solutions with increasing security, reliability, scalability, and supportability that will help foster customer trust.
- Develop secure-by-design cloud infrastructure configurations/policies to prevent new security vulnerabilities in our cloud
- Build automation workflows to detect and remediate existing vulnerabilities
- Collaboratively develop & implement secure system designs that empower engineers to deliver their code safely
- Performing security controls design (according to compliance and business requirements), planning/implementing related activities and security controls
- Being fully aware of relevant trends in Security/Cloud Security, best practices, and tools and bringing them to Astronomer
- Serve as a thought leader and help engineering leadership define the Astronomer security roadmap for our public and managed cloud solutions
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
- MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of software engineering experience in all phases of software development lifecycle and experience with shipping high quality software in a cloud environment
- Hands on development experience with advanced knowledge in Node.js, Golang or Python
- Skilled and experienced in cloud security controls and architecture, risk assessment and threat modelling for cloud environments
- Comprehensive experience securing cloud infrastructure used to run complex web applications
- Solid grounding in the technology of at least one cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with containerization technology (Docker, Kubernetes) and familiarity with Infrastructure-as-code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation etc.)
- Excellent time management & prioritization skills with a strong ability to plan, prioritize, and execute projects in coordination with other teams
- Excellent ability to communicate to technical & non-technical audiences with a positive, collaborative, and enablement-focused attitude
- Insatiable curiosity & desire to challenge conventional approaches to solving problems
- Ability to adjust to change and rapid pace of development
- Ability to see the big picture and keep an eye on long-term goals and direction, while taking care of short-term needs
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈