Sr. DevSecOps Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Who we are:
Raft (https://goraft.tech) is a full stack digital consulting firm with niche expertise in rapid delivery of modern, user-first, scalable, and data-intensive digital solutions for government agencies, with headquarters in Reston, VA. Our range of clients includes the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and the U.S. Air Force. We develop digital solutions that impact the lives of millions of Americans.
Our team is growing again and looking for an enthusiastic Senior Frontend Developer with client engagement experience to join our passionate team of high-impact problem solvers. We enjoy the challenges of human-centered design, security, and scale to create better outcomes for our federal agency partners. We are a remote-first and work completely in the open source.
Location: Fully Remote - U.S. Citizenship Required
What you will do:
- Work as a DevOps Engineer focusing on problems at Scale involving Kubernetes
- Develop Infrastructure as Code and Configuration as Code using GitOps and Flux
- Sling around YAML files, Helm charts, and Kustomize templates
- Develop quick bash/python/perl/go scripts
- Eagerly look for opportunities to automate
- Integrate services with Kafka, Kubernetes, and other third party systems
- Learn new tools by building upon experience in foundational knowledge
- Use best practices in creating secure containers (beyond not running as root)
- Take the red pill and go deep into understanding things that "magically" just work
- Use logs to pin point where issues are in the code
- Find an itch and contribute back to open source
- Troubleshoot issues related to network protocols
- Help in DevSecOps tasks such as container security, hardening, baselining, and CI/CD
- Be an active member in in daily scrum meetings, bi-weekly sprint plannings, and quarterly milestone plannings, and as-needed pairing sessions
Who you are:
- Love CLI
- Proficiency in a Strongly Typed language
- Interest and Experience in Golang and Kubernetes
- Involved in the open source community
- Prefer API-first development
- Don't mind learning new technologies to implement user facing features
- Prefer command line tools - know ZSH and have a preference for your dot files
- Have experience building public facing tools/applications/sites
- Comfortable communicating your technical thought process to non-technical team members
- Can work independently given a user story and a definition of done
- Love to demo your work to the team
- Prefer being user focused as opposed to being technology focused.
Some skills you'll need (don't have to know all):
- AWS - beyond the AWS dashboard
- GitOps - Flux / ArgoCD
- YAML - Helm charts / Kustomize
- Chef / Puppet / Ansible
- Identifying and Remediating Vulnerabilities
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈