Sr. Cloud Architect
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Are you a developer who has hands-on experience with building cloud-native applications? Would you like to work with our customers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the cloud?
Do you like to work on a variety of cutting edge, business-critical projects at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
Defiance Digital is looking for highly talented hands-on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Managed Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join our world class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive areas in technology.
Managed Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the Defiance Digital customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates to bring access to products and services, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for hands-on architects/developers who are passionate about:
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
- Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development, and infrastructure teams
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
- Advising and implementing cloud best practices
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Our Architects work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, there may be travel required to client locations to sell and deliver services as needed.
- BS level technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Master's Degree
- Computer Science or Engineering background
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Kubernetes
- Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Cloud certifications
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Hands on familiarity with AWS CloudFormation or AWS Cloud Development Kit
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Go, etc.)
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
- Extracurricular software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
View our entire stack on Stackshare: https://stackshare.io/defiance-digital/defiance-digital
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈