OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
********Open to US Remote based candidates********
Solutions Engineer (Cloud ERP Suite)
• Work with other members of the Sales and Customer Success teams as an integral part of the OpenGov ecosystem.
• Conduct sales presentations and product demonstrations for OpenGov Financials Suite.
• Develop sales proposals and define solution fit for customer
• Provide Technical Sales Support to MEDDIC Sales Strategy
• Prepare and present product demonstrations in context of "As Is" vs "To-Be" customer process
• Build Technical Champions in sales process
• Identify, evaluate, and recommend proof of concept opportunities
• Provide input for technical sections of RFPs/ RFQs
• Develop reusable technical assets to support sales activities
• Work with Engineering, Product Management and Product Marketing to improve the offering.
• Achieve OpenGov Technical Win (Sales Engineers own the Technical Win)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5+ years working in Government or Public Sector experience preferred.
• 2-5+ years of experience as a Sales / Solution Engineer with ERP products, ideally Accounting and Finance related software including working knowledge of ERP modules such as General Ledgers, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Purchase Orders, Fixed Assets, Utility Billings and Purchase Cards
• Financial or Analytical software experience is ideal
• Experience with Cloud and SaaS technologies
• Up to 40% travel
What makes OpenGov unique
CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
» Growth: Double growth with 2,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
Fully stocked kitchens, daily breakfast and catered lunches, gym reimbursement, music room, zen room, foosball and pool table, Unlimited PTO and 11 paid holidays, 90% medical premium coverage for employees, fun events, and more! Just look at www.opengov.com/careers
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, our cloud solution leverages cutting-edge technology to innovate on the core processes of Government.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!