Blue Orange Digital
5 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: LATAM Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
This is a full-time fully remote position for Latin American based applicants within +/- 2 hours of Eastern Standard Timezones(NYC).
Applicants must have strong written and oral communication in English.
Blue Orange Digital is looking for a Solutions Architect to join our talented multi-disciplinary team.
Blue Orange is looking for an experienced Solutions Architect with significant experience in enterprise Data Lake & Data Warehouse initiatives. We build modern data analytics platforms for our clients that incorporate advanced analytics and machine learning to solve business problems. Blue Orange Digital works across multiple industries, this role provides an exciting set of experiences across a wide range of domains. This person will work directly with our client's leadership to help define the architecture of the future enterprise data platform. They will work closely with stakeholders and team members to determine the needs of the platform and design solutions that can allow the company to use data more efficiently and build trust in it.
- Analyze Client Needs and Requirements in order to design robust solutions
- Design and thoroughly document Software and Data Architectures for the client needs
- Work with stakeholders across the client's teams to understand their needs and make recommendations.
- Communicate solutions effectively with clients and team members
- Monitor progress and adjust architecture/decisions as needed
- Establish best practices and bake them into solution designs
- Consider security, performance, quality
- Create POCs to kickstart the development for the team.
- Evaluate new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of enterprise IT experience across data engineering, software engineering, DevOps or architecture roles.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- 5+ years experience of Cloud computing experience.
- 5+ years experience implementing Data Lake & Data Warehouse platforms.
- Experience with AWS Glue, AWS Redshift
- In-depth working knowledge in Big Data & Analytics
- AWS certification, at the associate level (Solutions Architect or Developer), or specialty (Big Data) a strong advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership in the fields of big data, data warehousing or data science.
- Understanding of Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem. Experience with one or more relevant tools (Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Oozie, Hue, Zookeeper, HCatalog, Solr, Avro).
- Experience with streaming data systems and IOT applications.
- Hands-on experience designing enterprise data models.
"Top 10 AI development and consulting Agencies in NYC" - Clutch
As seen in:
IBM thinkLeaders, Dell Innovators, YahooFinance, Global Banking & Finance Review Magazine, IoT Council of Europe, AiBusiness, Data-Driven Investor, DataFloq, Supply Chain Matters, Machine Learning Times.
Founded by freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital aims to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We aim to work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients who understand that good applications come from happy engineers. We are an entirely distributed team with members all across the US and Latin America.
*If you're seeing this on an external job board go to our website: BlueOrange.Digital >Careers>Apply Now> breezy.hr
and QUICK APPLY(3 min) with your Linkedin profile, Indeed profile, or attach an English resume. Done.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: LATAM Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈