Software Engineer - Cloud Reliability & Infrastructure (Python)
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Australia and New Zealand
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
- Building, monitoring, and deploying modern distributed microservices that are hosted on AWS
- To be a contact point and subject matter expert with respect to our AWS environment
- Develop infrastructure solutions with scalability, high-availability, and security in mind
- Collaborate with other teams to work out the best solutions to their cloud problems
- Participate in solution design meetings, hiring interviews, and code reviews
- Propose and contribute to new approaches and solutions to ensure we future-proof Canva's distributed cloud infrastructure as we continue scaling globally
- Three (3+) plus years of experience as a Software or Site Reliability Engineer in a cloud ecosystem
- Comfortable and happy to code in Python or Java, however coming from any other language is fine!
- An understanding of cloud security best practice
- A strong grasp of DevOps best practices
- Experience utilizing service offerings such as IAM, VPC, EC2, S3 and RDS within AWS would be desirable, but not required.
- The ability to guide and mentor other members within the team and improve the way we collaborate, learn, and share ideas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - both technical and plain language
- Build, Deploy, and Site Reliability: CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Packer & Vault
- Cloud Engineering: Storage / Databases, Disaster Recovery and/or AWS Aurora experience
- Infrastructure Tooling: CI/CD, Static Analysis, Automation, IDE Plugin Development, enabling Developer Productivity and Efficiency
- Competitive salary, plus stock options via our ESOP plan
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our wonderful Vibe team
- Onsite-Gym and Yoga Membership
- End-of-Trip Facilities: Bicycle parking and showers
- Generous parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices
- Internal Coaches and an Employee Wellness Program
- Sponsored social clubs, team events, and celebrations
- Relocation budget for interstate or overseas individuals (see below for visa information)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Australia and New Zealand.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈