Site Reliability Enginneer
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Remote – Germany – UK - Poland
Who we are, Codility:
In 2009 Codility was founded, the idea came from an Engineer who spent more time interviewing unqualified candidates rather than the job he loved which was Coding & solving problems.
Codility is advancing the way businesses hire tech talent. Our recruiting platform enables our customers to quickly and confidently assess programmers and connect top talent with hiring managers.
Codility runs a platform used by the biggest and most innovative companies in the world to make sure their teams are filled with great technical talent and make their hiring processes more efficient.
We work with over 1,500 customers including Slack, Twitch, Dolby, Unity, Zalando, Amazon, Intel, and HSBC and facilitate over 30,000 candidate assessment sessions on our platform monthly - and show no signs of slowing down. We are the market leader for an ever-growing category. But don’t take our word for it - read what our users are saying.
The Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Site Reliability Engineer your key responsibilities will include (not limited to):
- Manage product development and delivery pipeline,
- Design system architecture changes, install new services and improve our infrastructure,
- Manage day-to-day operation of our cloud-based infrastructure,
- Improve and extend automated build environment,
- Ensure the integrity and stability of our systems by monitoring their health and performance,
- Develop and improve automation of common repeatable tasks and processes in shell or scripting languages (Python, Golang, Ruby),
- Cooperate with different product and engineering teams following Agile principles, as well as occasionally directly support business needs of other Codility teams.
- Have professional experience in:
- cloud-based services (AWS preferred, but it can be also GCP or Azure)
- Relational databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL
- programming in Python or Ruby or Golang
- Have a good understanding of:
- Docker, including best practices
- Networking (DNS, HTTP, Load Balancing, SSH)
Our Tech Stack:
- AWS for cloud environment with Linux servers, provisioned by infrastructure-as-a-code and managed via configuration management,
- Our application (Python/JS) uses PostgreSQL & Redis, is stored on (self-hosted) GitLab with GitLab pipelines being adopted,
- Additionally, we: use containerization in both production and supporting systems, have an early adoption of container orchestration and have internal automation tools written in, Ruby, Shell and a bit of Python.
Codility is an amazing forward thinking company that is innovative in its product, is a leader in its field, operates across a great tech stack, has a number of teams within the engineering department and a variety progression opportunities
You have the ability to share your ideas, and implement them, you’re not just here to make up the numbers, helping make the world a better place for tech hiring is our goal and you can help be a part of that.
Above all else you have the autonomy, respect, and trust here at Codility.
We really appreciate every interest in our company, however due to the number of applications, unfortunately if you don't hear back from us within 10 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈