Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud & Security
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Omega Point empowers the institutional investment community with a modern, factor-based portfolio analytics decision-making system. Enhanced by the latest advancements in machine learning and AI, Omega Point's cloud platform ensures fast, painless integration and seamless fit across the widest range of investment processes. We enable a variety of portfolio analytics and portfolio construction workflows, including factor analysis, trade simulation, optimization, hedging and thematic investing. Omega Point clients include top fundamental asset managers, hedge funds, and institutional allocators worldwide. The firm is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York and Quebec City.
Omega Point offers you...
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexibility to telecommute (and not only during the pandemic)...
- ...or come and work at the Quebec City, New York, or San Francisco offices.
- A great environment with a talented team
- One or two summits per year (in-person, post-pandemic) where you can meet the whole team in person and do team building activities. Some of the latest destinations: Miami Beach, Austin (Texas), San Francisco
- Great perks including a work-from-home setup budget, unlimited vacation, 401k, flexible hours, and education/certification benefits
Omega Point embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
As a Site Reliability Engineer with a security focus, you will be responsible for applying the tools of software engineering to help us build systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed, and secure. You will ensure that our services are reliable, available, and supportive of our iterative development and deployment processes. As a fintech startup, our customers entrust us with some of their most valuable data, and you will help us identify security issues, suggest solutions, and help us implement the choice that strikes the best balance of usability, security, reliability, and other needs.
- Design and implement automated processes to engineer infrastructure solutions that support our services (for example, Ansible and Terraform on Linux and AWS)
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Design, build, and maintain tools to automate operational processes related to infrastructure
- Participate in software development design efforts to ensure security is baked in as a core concept
- Support our production services, responding to alerts, diagnosing outages, and performing triage and remediation
- Stay current on relevant technologies, trends, industry standards and give justified recommendations for adoption
- Assist our data engineering development effort
- Experience in a role as an SRE, DevOps, or similar infrastructure-focused Software Engineering role
- Proficiency with infrastructure automation and orchestration tools
- Proficiency with administration and operation of Linux-based servers
- Experience developing in at least one software language
- Cloud infrastructure experience (AWS, Google, Azure, etc)
- Experience with securing applications and/or or cloud infrastructure
- Experience dealing with production outages
- High attention to detail
- Motivation to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment
- Security-focused industry certifications
- Experience working with container-based deployments
- Experience with machine learning, Data Engineering, ETL pipelines, or optimization
- Experience with specific tools and services that we use, like Ansible, Terraform, AWS, and Docker
- Experience with Python or Go
- Even better, pandas, numpy, scipy, etc.
- Experience in the finance / investment management industry
- Familiarity with factor risk models or equities data is a plus
- Advanced degree in computer science, math, physics, or other quantitative field
- Experience with Agile software development
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈