Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 160+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
Feeling a bit unsure about Theorem or how your skills meet the requirements of this role? Please apply anyway and share your thoughts in the application. At Theorem, we are focused on open communication and feedback. As a fully distributed organization, we believe that our diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
This is a full time (with full benefits) or contract role on our consulting team. Conversion to a full time Apple employee is allowed.
Apple Retail Technology Interactive Team runs services that serve a large number of our customer experiences. Operating at our scale across multiple geographically dispersed points of presence and delivering on over a million customer experiences per day presents unique challenges. As an SRE @ Apple, you'll need to solve these problems using data, strategic internally developed platforms, and collaborative expertise. SREs @ Apple owns the full infrastructure stack; from deploying operating systems and storage architectures to distribution management and continuous software delivery, our responsibilities are both broad and deep.
Apple Retail Interactive runs a large portion of its systems on Linux. We run a mix of open source and internally developed tools for system & configuration management, provisioning, software deployment, and monitoring. You'll learn these tools and have opportunities to improve them. Our team embodies a "Startup" mentality and "Partner" mindset, fostering a strong entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit. If you have a better solution to a problem, document a strategy for improvement, advocate for your approach through persuasion, collaboration, and socialization efforts, then carry it through to completion. Good ideas are heard, and results are rewarded.
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple Retail, we are focused on building experiences that encourage our customers to learn, explore, and go further with their creativity. Do you love problem-solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little direction fuel your creativity?
The A/V and Retail Infrastructure team are responsible for building and supporting the core of our technology behind Retail's customer-facing interactive experiences with our products and Today at Apple. This role will operate and pioneer infrastructure, enabling software delivery, cutting edge support, and new DevOps maturity for a growing era of edge and Retail innovation.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- A focus on customer experience, developer and stakeholder support.
- Strong AWS Cloud experience.
- Understanding of the Linux Operating System
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, related technologies.
- Experience with build/release (CI/CD) pipelines and methodologies (Jenkins/Spinnaker)
- Proven ability to write programs using a high-level programming language as well as modern application server frameworks (e.g., Ruby).
- Experience handling large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management systems like Chef, Sensu,
- Experience administering of cloud systems (e.g. AWS infrastructure), hybrid clouds, and related technologies.
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using data and automation
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, time management, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication.
- Experience/ability to support apps written in PHP, Ruby, Node, Python, Java
- Knowledge of JVM tuning/performance/troubleshooting a plus
- Cloud & Infrastructure: AWS, K8s/Docker, Jenkins/Spinnaker, VMWare
- OS: Deep linux knowledge (including building RPMs)
- Configuration & IaC: Chef, Sensu, pulumi
- Database: Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle
- Programming: Ruby, Python
- General Security & Secret Management
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage, operate, and deliver automated capabilities for repeated resolution and deployment across our infrastructure.
- Manage our AWS Infrastructure & existing migrations to AWS.
- Deploy, support, and monitor new and existing services, platforms, and application stacks.
- Architect, author, and deliver capabilities to improve the availability, scalability, and security of Apple's distributed retail offerings.
- Participate in periodic on-call duties.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC (https://theorem.co
) is a remote-first technology consulting company, fully distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization, at the company level, and for each of our team members.
Our services range from new product development, pure R & D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, and organizational transformation and cultural design.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and looking for a solution that isn't just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof.
Current and past customers include some of the household names on the Fortune 200 list but also start-ups and non-commercial organizations.
We help the worlds most ambitious companies design, build, and deploy mission critical software
Proof was born from the mission-driven consulting firm Theorem.co
. Built end-to-end by designers, engineers, and SRE's Proof's focus is on providing talented technologists with challenging and meaningful work. We accomplish this mission by partnering with ambitious companies and helping them transform how they work, the tools they use, and their culture.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 100% remote
- Full medical, dental, vision coverage
- 20+ paid days off each year
- 401k savings plan
- Ability to convert to full time Apple employee