Site Reliability Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Brazil Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Voyager is a cloud-based workflow management solution for bulk shipping. Voyager allows users to invite their partners, colleagues, and counter-parties into a single environment to coordinate the execution of bulk shipping operations. By moving from phone and email to a fully digitized communication platform, our clients gain full visibility of the value chain with complete traceability of all activity and operations. Voyager users have real-time decision-making data at their fingertips.
- TechStars Energy, Oslo 2018 alumni
- StartupChile 2018 Alumni
- VentureKick Switzerland winners
Job Description and Responsibilities
We are looking for a site reliability engineer (SRE) to help deliver an incredible application for the bulk shipping value chain. Voyager application's core is NodeJS in the backend and VueJS in the front. Applicants should feel comfortable maintaining the platform code and infrastructure across a multitude of environments, servers, and locations. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Analyze and improve software performance, scalability, availability and security
- Improve and execute capacity planning and monitoring
- Create and manage cloud infrastructure
- Automate common processes and construction of useful tools for the engineering team.
- Respond to (rare) potential emergencies, identifying the root cause and solving the problems
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong English skills, both written and spoken
- 2+ years in dev-ops/SRE experience
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with others
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Solid knowledge and experience with Shell Script and Node programming languages
- Experience with Distributed Systems and high availability
- Experience with MySQL Database, Backup and Recovery;
- Domain of Cloud Computing (AWS)
- Experience with Root Cause Monitoring and Analysis (RCA, Postmortems)
- Fluency in Linux Operating System
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (Cloudformation,Puppet, Ansible, Terraform)
- Knowledge of Web Security (DOS, DDOS, HTTPS)
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps methodology and Continuous Deployment and Integration services (Travis, Jenkins, GitFlow, BlueGreen Deployment)
- Knowledge and experience Container service (Docker)
- Knowledge in monitoring software, telemetry and centralized logs (prometheus, alertmanager, grafana, logdna, fluentd, new relic)
- Sense of ownership, agile methodologies and good communication skills, essential for teamwork;
- University studies in Computer Science, Information Systems, related areas or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of AdonisJS Framework
- Interest / knowledge in the maritime industry
This will be a remote role for developers based in Brazil with a preference for Santa Catarina province. No work visa will be provided for this position.
- Competitive salary, >$2300 USD per month (based on performance and experience)
- Stock options
- Salary paid in USD
- Generous annual leave policy
- Global travel annually to our company All Hands (Previous events in USA and Chile)
- Flexible working arrangement
- International colleagues
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Brazil Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈